Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 56 Tigers vs. braves June 1, 2019

Every team who is ahead of the Tigers for the #1 pick, except the yet to play blue jays marlins has lost today.

Tigers again fall 200 Rdiff behind their div-leading rival twins.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/daniel-norris-struggles-late-against-braves
Beavis Norris' mistakes costly in loss to Braves.
Tigers official site

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...191#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=567191
Boxscore.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...oppy-defense-lead-atlanta-victory/1315961001/
Braves' hot bats, Tigers' sloppy defense lead to Atlanta victory.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...troit-tigers-atlanta-braves-score/1316253001/
Detroit Tigers' Daniel Norris makes too many mistakes in 10-5 loss to Braves.
Freep

not surprising. He's overweight and 36. His body is going to fail him.

He wasn't really helping the team anyway. Let him go under the knife and see if he can help them next year.

2019 Miggy w/Runners On .393 BAVG .467 OBP .438 SLG .905 OPS

2019 Miggy w/RISP .447 BAVG .500 OBP .489 SLG .989 OPS

2nd on team in OPS with Runners on and RISP, behind Dixon

#1 in RBIs with runners on and RISP

I am sure there will be no effect with him being gone <sarcasm>.

On pace for 60 RBI. Cool. It's great that he's good at something but on a team that doesn't get on base much it's less than awesome. What about all the other stuff -- bases empty, tie game, late and close (7th-9th overall). All abysmal.

And lets not forget that he can't hit a fast ball for nothing.

the problem has been not enough runners on when he came to the plate. like all those .200< hitters get on soooo often.

those numbers look good. Given that his total numbers are pretty pedestrian, his sats with bases empty must be terrible. I wonder what it is...lack of focus? Being selfish (trying to pad HOF stats)?

those numbers look good. Given that his total numbers are pretty pedestrian, his sats with bases empty must be terrible. I wonder what it is...lack of focus? Being selfish (trying to pad HOF stats)?

What the hell Tom? Pad HOF Stats by doing what, his job?

well there goes the division, wild card/playoffs; O like they were headed that way to start with.

The real problem is why are we hearing about this knee now. Had it been around since spring training, ie when/what caused it!?

BR.com has the Tigers chances of making the playoffs at 0.0%, like Bluto's GPA.

PortlyUnhealthyBichonfrise-size_restricted.gif

What the hell Tom? Pad HOF Stats by doing what, his job?

I really don't believe he is "padding his stats"...just throwing out a possibility.

You pointed out that he is doing his job when men are on base...I was just pointing out that he isn't doing it when bases are empty.

Back