Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 67 Washington Nationals @ Detroit Tigers June 12, 2024 3:40 p.m. MST

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Nationals (31-35) @ Tigers (32-34)
6:40 PM
Comerica Park

Jake Irvin RHP
4-5, 3.12 ERA, 64 SO

Reese Olson RHP
1-7, 3.43 ERA, 58 SO

WSH Lineup
  1. CJ Abrams (L) SS
  2. Lane Thomas (R) RF
  3. Jesse Winker (L) LF
  4. Eddie Rosario (L) DH
  5. Luis García Jr. (L) 2B
  6. Joey Meneses (R) 1B
  7. Keibert Ruiz (S) C
  8. Nick Senzel (R) 3B
  9. Jacob Young (R) CF
DET Lineup
  1. Matt Vierling (R) CF
  2. Riley Greene (L) DH
  3. Wenceel Pérez (S) RF
  4. Mark Canha (R) 1B
  5. Colt Keith (L) 2B
  6. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
  7. Zach McKinstry (L) SS
  8. Akil Baddoo (L) LF
  9. Carson Kelly (R) C
Follow the Game

Watch
Tigers - Bally Sports Detroit
Nationals - MASN 2

Listen
Tigers - 97.1 The Ticket
Nationals - 106.7 The Fan, DC 87.7

So its June 12..after a 5-0 start to the season the Detroit Tigers have played themselves into irrelevance..once again..not to mention ..half the city can't even watch them on XFINITY..how many years in a row can this keep happening..they hate it when I point these truths out.
How mad do we think AJ Hinch is..that 4 years into his Detroit tenure he is still running a tryout camp on a sub 80 win team..that now has one core player..we advocated for him to take the POBO job..instead of managing..maybe we were right..
Hinch can't be happy with the tryout camp he is forced to run on a daily basis..but as much as I like Hinch he isn't blameless..his staff have made very few players better..time for the POBO to realize the I'll fix it later..mantra..has been a disaster..
For those that advocate trades..let me remind you..what trades has Scott Harris made of consequence..other POBO/GM know this..think the offers will be much better than the Avila offers were?
Tigers are 32-34. Tigers are 22-31 in games not started by Tarik Skubal.

Flaherty received an injection Monday..is scheduled to throw in a game Fri/Sat..if he can't... they could place him on the IL retroactive to his injury date and he could be activated to throw a week from today..

Tarik Skubal is far more important to the Tigers than the average fan might think.
MCBTB

Tigers Notes: Baez, Kreidler, McKinstry, Flaherty.
MLBTR

All-Star Ballot.
MLB.com

Imo, Hinch should be on the hot seat. Granted there are only so much a manager can do but he makes mistakes, relies on his L-R analyics too much, takes pitchers out too soon etc.. Plus 4 years and the team doesn't improve someone has to go. And a manager will be made a scapegoat before the GM. If you want to blame any coaches, like the hitting coaches for example, Hinch is the one who hires them and keeps them.

Terrible AB by Colt. Team seems allergic to driving run a runner from 3rd with less then 2 outs.

OK, lets stop pitching to fn Abrams, They have one hitter worth a shit, and he is it.

Everyone else sucks.

Another sac fly for them with one out. It doesn't seem hard but at las we stink at it.

Washington sac Fly. They lead 2-1. I hate our approach at the plate. Something has to be fixed. Something needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
Greene looks at more down the middle strikes than anyone.

Came back we were down 2-1 now it’s 5-1. Olson’s 3rd bad outing in a row Sadly.

Nats may be dumb but unless we come back we are losing another series at home to a bad baseball club.

Back