Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 68 Washington Nationals @ Detroit Tigers June 13, 2024 10:10 a.m. MST

No one is forcing you or anyone else to read anything I post here. You don't want to see anything I post,
then put an ignore on it and you won't see anything from me.
Do us all the favor so there is less adolescent whining from you.
Stop your whining and agressive bullshit, my comment was about her. It's a take felt across tiger Fandom.

Also, unfortunately last time I tried, we can't block mods.

I'm sick of reading this twat's negative spins.
She's such a hypocrite. She is always complaining about the Detroit press and how they have an agenda. However, she has an agenda as well. She goes above and beyond praising Harris, Garko, etc. like they can do no wrong, and anything that has does go wrong, just blames AA. I also like the comment section. I used to post comments there but she banned me because I probably disagreed with what she had to say too often. That said, I still read her blog every day because I still find it interesting. Just like reading the "news", I read from both left and right leaning sites.

Stop your whining and agressive bullshit, my comment was about her. It's a take felt across tiger Fandom.

Also, unfortunately last time I tried, we can't block mods.
Listen kid for the last time, if you don't want to read it don't open the link. I'm telling you, you're the one whining.
You have been jabbing me for years, just enough to get my attention.

It's been 634 days since Chris Illitch hired Scott Harris..I would appreciate a detailed explanation on when he expects The Detroit Tigers to be good..some sort of defined plan and timeline..a beat writers press conference..a 30 minute discussion on Days of Roar..

Justyn-Henry Malloy took his wRC+ from 81 to 149 yesterday.

Jake Rogers has called pitches for all of Tarik Skubal’s starts in his Cy Young campaign."It's always a little bit more fun to catch the guy that can get everybody out," Rogers said. "Everyone's coming to the plate saying, 'Slow it down, please throw me something I can hit.'"

2 Tigers that should come back to MLB roster, 1 who should be sent down to Triple-A.
MCBTB

Detroit Tigers at Houston Astros: What time, TV channel is tonight's game on?
Freep

Detroit Tigers' Jack Flaherty gets injection for back pain, ready to face Justin Verlander.
Freep

Last edited:
It's been 634 days since Chris Illitch hired Scott Harris..I would appreciate a detailed explanation on when he expects The Detroit Tigers to be good..some sort of defined plan and timeline..a beat writers press conference..a 30 minute discussion on Days of Roar..

Justyn-Henry Malloy took his wRC+ from 81 to 149 yesterday.

Jake Rogers has called pitches for all of Tarik Skubal’s starts in his Cy Young campaign."It's always a little bit more fun to catch the guy that can get everybody out," Rogers said. "Everyone's coming to the plate saying, 'Slow it down, please throw me something I can hit.'"

2 Tigers that should come back to MLB roster, 1 who should be sent down to Triple-A.
MCBTB
Not sure on Meadows. I agree that Keith should be sent down. I wonder if Harris hasn't made the call because he choose to give Keith the long term contract, and not Jung??

Not sure on Meadows. I agree that Keith should be sent down. I wonder if Harris hasn't made the call because he choose to give Keith the long term contract, and not Jung??
The early contract must be the reason Keith is still with the team. With all the talk and numbers regarding the disparity between Majors and minors pitching, I wonder how Meadows will be when or if he returns to face major league pitchers. They should bring Jung up too.

The early contract must be the reason Keith is still with the team. With all the talk and numbers regarding the disparity between Majors and minors pitching, I wonder how Meadows will be when or if he returns to face major league pitchers. They should bring Jung up too.
they have been talking about the huge disparity between the majors and AAA a lot on MLB radio. I guess it is significantly larger this year than in years past. I hope the best for Meadows, but for some reason, I just don't see him having success at the MLB level. I'm crossing my fingers though...he is such a great defender in CF>

they have been talking about the huge disparity between the majors and AAA a lot on MLB radio. I guess it is significantly larger this year than in years past. I hope the best for Meadows, but for some reason, I just don't see him having success at the MLB level. I'm crossing my fingers though...he is such a great defender in CF>
Did you read that Torkelson is still unable to hit a FB over 93 MPH? Everything I read is that he is still not changing his batting habits to improve.

Did you read that Torkelson is still unable to hit a FB over 93 MPH? Everything I read is that he is still not changing his batting habits to improve.
I did see that. I wasn't sure if they were talking about in AAA or in the major leagues. I wonder how many 93+ MPH fastballs he is actually seeing in Toledo. Probably not a lot of guys throwing that hard in AAA ???

I did see that. I wasn't sure if they were talking about in AAA or in the major leagues. I wonder how many 93+ MPH fastballs he is actually seeing in Toledo. Probably not a lot of guys throwing that hard in AAA ???
There are enough pitchers who can throw 93 to 95. Earlier, a couple of weeks ago, the writers were saying he couldn't catch up to a 95 in the majors. He has been adamant in sticking with his stance and swing from college days. It's disappointing. A few more years of rebuilding.

Well, the astros released Abreu today, still owing him 30mill.

Take note harris *cough* Baez...
This seems to be the tigers way no matter who is GM/prez. Zimmerman and Sanchez are a couple that come to mind recently.

Baez has 3 years left after the season, Abreu only 1 - so maybe they get him gone after next season. Oh jeez, another season of him is not a pleasant thought.

Baez has 3 years left after the season, Abreu only 1 - so maybe they get him gone after next season. Oh jeez, another season of him is not a pleasant thougt
Your right, I thought it was 2. But they would have to eat 73mill for those 3 years.. ugh, what an awful contract.

There are enough pitchers who can throw 93 to 95. Earlier, a couple of weeks ago, the writers were saying he couldn't catch up to a 95 in the majors. He has been adamant in sticking with his stance and swing from college days. It's disappointing. A few more years of rebuilding.
Good news...I guess Tork got a single off of a 99.1 MPH fastball today :)
1718413731457.png

I honestly didn't know this sort of data was available on a minor league gameday site.

Back