Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 76 Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers June 22, 2024 10:10 a.m. MST

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
White Sox (20-57) @ Tigers (35-40)

1:10 PM
Comerica Park

Drew Thorpe RHP
0-1, 8.64 ERA, 4 SO

Kenta Maeda RHP
2-3, 6.02 ERA, 36 SO

CWS Lineup
DET Lineup
  1. Matt Vierling (R) CF
  2. Colt Keith (L) 2B
  3. Riley Greene (L) LF
  4. Mark Canha (R) 1B
  5. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
  6. Wenceel Pérez (S) RF
  7. Justyn-Henry Malloy (R) DH
  8. Jake Rogers (R) C
  9. Ryan Kreidler (R) SS

This will be a low scoring game or a high school game. Most likely.

AJ has to get better at reading body language of his pitchers. Kenta was clearly shook when that single got by Kreidler to give up the 1st run and hasn't been the same since.

I hate this hitting philosophy this regime has. Just far too much importance on drawing walks. Toledo last night drew 12 walks and only scored 2 runs. Yay walks!!!

I hate this hitting philosophy this regime has. Just far too much importance on drawing walks. Toledo last night drew 12 walks and only scored 2 runs. Yay walks!!!
not watching the game, but I see Malloy walked and then Perez hit a double. Malloy didn't score.

5 batters up that inning for Detroit. 4 took first pitch strikes and the other failed miserably at bunting first pitch. You CAN'T keep starting out 0-1 every at bat. It's just maddening

It seemed like not that long the Tigers seemed to actually have a chance at a wild card slot.

Getting more and more unlike in a pretty short period of time.

Perez doubled before Malloy walked.
gotcha. I was just looking at the ESPN play by play.
1719080750729.png

I hate AJ and think he's a horrible manager. EVERY SINGLE pitching change he makes fails. I don't think we've stranded a runner all season. Just let your starter finish a damn inning.

Last edited:
2 hits against a pitcher with a 6 plus era.. safe to say the Harris approach to hitting is a failure so far.

All 3 tiger batters take 1st pitch strikes looking that inning. 1,2,3 inning lol

Back