Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 80 Phillies @ Tigers June 26, 2024 NOW

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Phillies (52-27) @ Tigers (37-42)
1:10 PM

Comerica P rk

Spencer Turnbull RHP
3-0, 2.75 ERA, 56 SO

Tyler Holton LHP
3-1, 4.10 ERA, 33 SO

PHI Lineup
DET Lineup
  1. Matt Vierling (R) 3B
  2. Colt Keith (L) 2B
  3. Riley Greene (L) CF
  4. Mark Canha (R) 1B
  5. Wenceel Pérez (S) RF
  6. Justyn-Henry Malloy (R) DH
  7. Akil Baddoo (L) LF
  8. Carson Kelly (R) C
  9. Ryan Kreidler (R) SS

Seen enough of Montero. He wasn’t very good the last time they brought him up either. Sucks that Turnbull is shutting us down so far. Maybe next inning.

Tigers trail 3-1.

Btw it was total bullcrap Perez struck out on that pitch clock violation.

5-1 5th. I had some hope we'd get a series win. These BP games not a fan of. Esp. the way our BP has been for the past two months.

This might explain the reason.
gotcha. They brought up Montero to be the starter but didn't want him to start the game vs. LH hitters. If you don't trust him to start, don't start him. I'm sure that gave him all of the confidence in the world, plus, taking him out of his normal routine as a starting pitcher.

Another crap game from a crap team. Thanks Scott for this crap.
Another offense explosion from the Tigers.

2 freaking runs.

after tomorrows game, they will be 1/2 way done with the season. 37-44 or 38-43. Either way, pretty shitty.

My dad sent me a text this AM saying how happy he is that the Indians currently have the best record in baseball. That is pretty hard to believe. They were worse than the Tigers last year, and now they have the best record, and the Tigers 9th worst. At this point, I am pretty close to hoping they lose so they can get into the draft lottery.

after tomorrows game, they will be 1/2 way done with the season. 37-44 or 38-43. Either way, pretty shitty.

My dad sent me a text this AM saying how happy he is that the Indians currently have the best record in baseball. That is pretty hard to believe. They were worse than the Tigers last year, and now they have the best record, and the Tigers 9th worst. At this point, I am pretty close to hoping they lose so they can get into the draft lottery.
I'm not sure I understand why they added a lottery system. In baseball, it probably has the least impact of any sports.

I'm not sure I understand why they added a lottery system. In baseball, it probably has the least impact of any sports.
I don't either. I do see the logic in not wanting teams to really tank hard for a player. Those guys are few and far between, but it seems that there are some years that there is a "can't miss" prospect. The Tigers certainly haven't found any!!

I don't either. I do see the logic in not wanting teams to really tank hard for a player. Those guys are few and far between, but it seems that there are some years that there is a "can't miss" prospect. The Tigers certainly haven't found any!!
Many of those can't miss turn into def. miss. Maybe it'll make me feel better that we're tanking so we're not really that bad.

Back