Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 85 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota Twins July 2, 2004 4:40 p.m. MST

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Tigers (38-46) @ Twins (47-37)
7:40 PM
Target Field

Tarik Skubal LHP
9-3, 2.32 ERA, 112 SO

Simeon Woods Richardson RHP
3-1, 3.41 ERA, 56 SO

DET Lineup
MIN Lineup
  1. Manuel Margot (R) RF
  2. Carlos Correa (R) SS
  3. Royce Lewis (R) 3B
  4. Jose Miranda (R) DH
  5. Carlos Santana (S) 1B
  6. Byron Buxton (R) CF
  7. Ryan Jeffers (R) C
  8. Willi Castro (S) LF
  9. Kyle Farmer (R) 2B

Last edited:

Days of Roar Tigers Podcast: First-half report card for players Detroit Tigers added in offseason plus Mike Ferrin talks trade deadline. 62 minutes.
Mark and Evan break down another week of losing from the Detroit Tigers, then examine the six players added by president of baseball operations Scott Harris in the offseason, including Jack Flaherty for $14 million and Mark Canha for $11.5 million. After that, Mike Ferrin, co-host of MLB Network Radio's "Power Alley," joins the podcast. He says the 2024 season "feels like a missed opportunity" by the Tigers because they didn't do enough to improve the offense in the offseason. To wrap up, Mark and Evan look ahead to some of the storylines in the second half of the season.

Detroit Tigers Casey Mize is headed to the IL with a hamstring injury. It's unknown how long his recovery will be at this point. And it throws a wrench into his contract for next year which is based upon his performance this year and is a team, not player, option.
Mize is 2-6 w/4.23 ERA and 1.449 WHIP. He didn't pitch for the last 2 years due to TJ surgery. If he doesn't do well this year, his contract will be declined and he'll move back into the arbitration process. With almost the halfway mark of the season here, time is running out....

Casey Mize placed on IL after injury vs. Angels (updated).
MCBTB

Craig Monroe taken off Tigers' TV minutes after sex-abuse claims came to light.
Detnews

Top of the Order: AL Trade Deadline Preview.
Fangraphs

Tigers' Kevin McGonigle takes biggest jump among MLB Pipeline's updated top 100 prospects..​

From 96 to 65.

Tigers' Kevin McGonigle takes biggest jump among MLB Pipeline's updated top 100 prospects..​

From 96 to 65.
I saw that earlier and posted it somewhere. I have been following his progress lately. He is really hitting well at single A, although, not with a lot of power. I'm surprised that they haven't moved him up yet.

I saw that earlier and posted it somewhere. I have been following his progress lately. He is really hitting well at single A, although, not with a lot of power. I'm surprised that they haven't moved him up yet.
Sorry didn't see it elsewhere. They did start him in rookie and only has 12 games at single a.

Sorry didn't see it elsewhere. They did start him in rookie and only has 12 games at single a.
no worries...I think it was in the minor league thread. He had 12 in single A last year. He has been there all year, 50 games and 227 plate appearances. His OBP is .407 this year.

Fudge muffins. Had a shot at the guy at home if we could just field decently. Could have held them to 1 run.

Back