Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 89 Detroit Tigers @ Cincinnati Reds July 6, 2024 1:10 p.m. MST

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Tigers (40-48 ) @ Reds (42-46)
4:10 PM
Great American Ball Park

Alex Faedo RHP
3-1, 3.35 ERA, 33 SO

Hunter Greene RHP
5-4, 3.70 ERA, 109 SO

DET Lineup
CIN Lineup
  1. Jonathan India (R) 2B
  2. Elly De La Cruz (S) SS
  3. Jeimer Candelario (S) DH
  4. Spencer Steer (R) 1B
  5. Nick Martini (L) LF
  6. Tyler Stephenson (R) C
  7. Noelvi Marte (R) 3B
  8. Will Benson (L) RF
  9. Stuart Fairchild (R) CF

Tigers info found perusing the internet.

Alex Faedo and Joey Beavis Wentz in CIN..what could go wrong..they should put out an alert to wear helmets in the bleachers..warm..day game.

Matt Vierling hitting leadoff 28/125 224/265/415 6 HR 7 BB 10 RBI so 4 RBI that are not himself
bases empty 266/305/441 RISP13/61 213/254/4753B -3 DRS -2 OAA 67% success rate OF -1 OAA 2 DRS

Parker Meadows talked about working to not drop his hands too soon while down in Triple-A. You can see the difference here. HR in his first game back.

Colt Keith since May 1 285/317/465 120 wRC+ thats with a 3.8% BB%..Keith walked at a 11.5% rate in the minor leagues.

Tigers rookie Colt Keith finds his speed in MLB with help from Riley Greene, leading to no-doubt home runs"Those were the first two in the big leagues where I hit them and knew they were going to be homers."For Keith, the game is finally slowing down.

Parker Meadows and Colt Keith combining for 3 HRs is most HRs hit in a game for a player or players for the Tigers who are 25 or younger and have played in 78 games or fewer since Dan Meyers and Tom Veryzer hit 3 combined on 9/20/1974.

Colt Keith on Riley Greene's influence: "We talk a lot about approach and swings and mechanics and stuff like that. When I got up to the big leagues, I felt like I lost everything in my swing. I felt lost. He's a guy who's helped me build back to where my swing was last year."

Harris and Greenberg looking for hidden gems on the waiver wire.

Riley Greene is having one of the best seasons of anyone in the American League.

Jackson Jobe impressed in his return to the Double-A level.5 IP, 3 H, ER, BB, 8 K.

Riley Greene, Colt Keith and Parker Meadows each homered in last night's victory. It marked the first time that three Tigers players age 24-and-younger homered in the same game since June 22, 1977 (Steve Kemp, Phil Mankowski and Jason Thompson).

Among all Major League teams, Tigers starting pitchers rank 2nd in FIP (3.53), third in fWAR (8.9), and fourth in both BB/9 (2.30) and K/9 (8.87). Individually, Skubal is on pace to have the lowest pre-All Star Break ERA for a Tigers starter since David Price in 2015 (2.38).

For the first time since 1972, the Tigers could have three starters with a sub-3.25 ERA over the first half of a season (min. 15 starts). 2024 Tarik Skubal (2.45 )Reese Olson (3.22 )Jack Flaherty (3.24)
1972 Joe Coleman (2.20) Mickey Lolich (2.39) Tom Timmerman (2.82).

Meadows scorches a single to lead off the third, 106.2 mph. Unfortunately, he is caught trying to steal 2nd immediately afterward.

Bottom of the third,, Brieske strikes out the side on 14 pitches.

4th inning, both sides go down 1-2-3. Tigers have faced the minimum number of batters.

Brieske is losing the strike zone in his third inning out there, and walks the first two batters he sees. AJ leaves him in, and he throws a fast ball right in Stephenson’s red zone, for a double. Reds up 2-0, no outs.

Top of the sixth, Vierling strikes out, Keith singles, and Canha gidp. Canha is 1 for his last 31, a single and 2 bb’s during that span.

And Benetti talks about the young guys talking to Canha about hitting. I understand the problem now.
Canha has some historical positive things about his approach, without really being amazing, and he seems like a good communicator and a decent person, but the body might not be up for everyday playing anymore.

I went swimming for the last hour, and it looks like some good things happened. Let’s hope it holds up. Edit- and like clockwork, the first Red up homers.

Well he got the swing and miss !
2 wins in a row ! It's a miracle!

Back