Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hosting Florida Atlantic

Spartanmack

Just a few days away from our first glimpse of the new look Spartans. I'm not sure what to expect but Aidan Chiles twice said if you're a gambler, take the over. Those quotes apparently moved the line due to a heavy swing in action from 85% on the under to 65% on the over within 24 hours. It now sits at 45.5. Hopefully, that's based on his expectation of MSU scoring 35+ given the spread is MSU -14. FAU scoring the mid 20s or higher would not be very inspiring.

In other game-related news, FAU coach points out a fact known to literally everyone in the B1G except our friends in Ann Arbor, which is uofm stadium is the most overrated venue in sports. I'm paraphrasing of course as Herman was more polite, but it's the only place in the country that makes 100k+ sound like 60,000.

Anyway I'm mildly excited maybe even a little optimistic about this Chiles kid and looking forward to seeing Marsh. The other skill positions on offense should be OK (WRs, TEs & tailback). My main concerns are the O and D lines followed by the defensive secondary. But hey, it can't be worse than last year, can it?

Didn't Herman coach at UM? Wonder if he'll sneak Stallions replacement onto the sideline?

Didn't Herman coach at UM? Wonder if he'll sneak Stallions replacement onto the sideline?
Article says he was OC & QB coach for the Buckeyes and was there for their NC. No mention of him being affiliated with uofm.

Article says he was OC & QB coach for the Buckeyes and was there for their NC. No mention of him being affiliated with uofm.
Maybe he was 1 of the guys linked to the UM job before Harbaugh took it. For some reason I'm thinking there's a link.

First quarter in the books. That review turnover was BS but foster should have caught that ball. He then had another drop and a fumble - not a great start for the #1 option at wideout. Chiles looks a little raw but seems athletic with a strong arm. Needs to get his timing/range down a bit. The o-line looks awful and Carter is no Kenneth Walker.

These calls on these late slides are awful.

Last edited:
They got the targeting call right on Spencer, but that whistle on the td run was criminal. Thankfully Chiles scored the next play.

Side note: all of these penalties have been Tucker guys

Hopefully Marsh and Gates replace Foster and Glover very soon. Chiles is giving them all day to get open and they just can't break free. Go to the young guys

Carter is probably a better back if the line was decent. But other than Tanner miller, they aren't making much room. Happy to see Baldwin pulled after whiffing twice on the first drive. Ramil has looked better at LT since. Hopefully the line will develope as they get more time. Even an average line would be a major upgrade.

Also, amazing what the db's look like when you get Harlan Barnett away from them. I don't think FA has a great passing offense, but last year they'd have 250 yards and 3 scores by now.

Man Chiles is scrambling for hours and these wrs can't break free. If Marsh and Gates can't pass these 2 soon it might be a long season for Chiles.

Between his late flop slides amd wearing his helmet super loose so it falls off and looks worse any time he's tackled, this FA qb is getting on my nerves. This isn't soccer you pussy

Carter can’t make anyone miss and he gets brought down by 1 guy too easily. If this is what he looks like against FAU, he’s not the guy.

Between his late flop slides amd wearing his helmet super loose so it falls off and looks worse any time he's tackled, this FA qb is getting on my nerves. This isn't soccer you pussy
Chiles needs to turn it up field instead of waiting for these guys to get open. He could have 120 yards rushing already.

Why on earth would you pass up a fg to make it a 2 score game in the 4th qtr????????????

Back