Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hosting Florida Atlantic

I did like the willingness to throw deep - much more dynamic than we are used to seeing from previous staffs. Not sure if the lack of succes was bc our receivers can’t get off the line cleanly or if they’re just too slow.

Definitely did not like the decision to forego the field goal and instead run it up the middle on 4th & 1 with an offensive line that had not demonstrated an ability to run block.

I did expect to see more TE targets given the offseason hype for Velling and others. Maybe play-action to Vellimg on that 4th & 1?

Chiles definitely made some mistakes but as has been pointed out he’s young. He’s athletic and has a strong arm - he needs the WRs and TEs to help him out when he scrambles.

Last edited:
Aiden Chiles scores dead last in PFF for B1G QBs in week one. As I said before, it's not time to hit the panic button. That first interception was not his fault and a big reason for the late rating was the poor play of our WRs... They need to get on the same page with Chiles on scrambles and they need to beat guys off the line cleaner - those downfield overthrows weren't all Chiles' fault.

I would like to see him take more of what defenses give him - he was a pretty effective scrambler but did most of that was in the backfield trying to buy time for WRs to get open. He could have run for a few 1st downs instead - of course he'd increase risk of injury...

Hopefully they clean up some of the sloppy play on both sides before this weekend.

Back