Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Houston agrees on 5yr deal

DE are suppose to be deep, so Fisher and then DE would be pretty cool.

Teams do need depth.

AT OL, only when they get hurt. They don't rotate them. They don't need both Hilliard and Fox. I'm all for Fisher at LT, Reiff at RT and Backus at RG, I'd get wood ;-). I just don't see Schwartz using them that way.

Last edited:
You have to look at best value at number 5. Miliner is most likely gone before pick 5 so they needed to sign some pieces for the secondary and they arent done yet. They need Quinn to sign now. Then we will be back to where we were a year ago in the secondary.
Fisher has the higher value at 5 over the DEs because he is an immediate impact. He grades out a bit higher than any of the DEs we will have available. Also Ansah and jordan have the highest upside.

Last edited:
AT OL, only when they get hurt. They don't rotate them. They don't need both Hilliard and Fox. I'm all for Fisher at LT, Reiff at RT and Backus at RG i just don't see Schwartz using them that way.

No just saying you specifically Mitch.....just not sure why everyone just assumes Backus could play G.

He has been a finesse T his entire career.....putting him inside seems like a bad move considering we want to UPGRADE our run blocking. I think he would get overpowered inside.

Has Schwartz or Mayhew mentioned moving him inside? Honest question.

AT OL, only when they get hurt. They don't rotate them. They don't need both Hilliard and Fox. I'm all for Fisher at LT, Reiff at RT and Backus at RG, I'd get wood ;-). I just don't see Schwartz using them that way.

And if they didn't have depth on the oline and someone got hurt you would be calling for Mayhews head.

No just saying you specifically Mitch.....just not sure why everyone just assumes Backus could play G.

He has been a finesse T his entire career.....putting him inside seems like a bad move considering we want to UPGRADE our run blocking. I think he would get overpowered inside.

Its just a hope. I just think, IMO, Reiff would make a solid RT. And if we drafted Fisher at 5, it makes sense for him to be a LT and Backus would be an improvement, a big improvement at RG than what we had last season. I don't think it happens but IMO it improves out OL the most.

Never understood that either. It worked in madden though

And if they didn't have depth on the oline and someone got hurt you would be calling for Mayhews head.

We have depth, Nagy and someone I'm forgetting plus the two I already mentioned and if you draft one that makes 9. Which is fine I guess, though personally I'd go with 8.

Im with Diggler...I think Backus would get destroyed inside..he has trouble with bull rushers , guys who steamroll him , thats all he'd see inside.

Im with Diggler...I think Backus would get destroyed inside..he has trouble with bull rushers , guys who steamroll him , thats all he'd see inside.

We had Peterman, just by dumb luck he'd have to be better than that, eh?

When they tried Reiff in the preseason at guard I really didnt see him even being decent at the position but maybe it was just his lack of knowledge there. Backus when he was younger and much stronger before the (pec?) tear. Not sure he can hold up a bigger bull rusher at this point because guards cant just push them wide they need to turn them. Not sure he can do that anymore.

In fact, get Fisher at LT, Reiff at RT and use Nagy at RG - bye bye Backus. That works too.

Last edited:
We had Peterman, just by dumb luck he'd have to be better than that, eh?

lol....still cant see a guy ending his career agreeing to move inside to get the shit kicked outta him every Sunday by 300+ lb DTs

We have depth, Nagy and someone I'm forgetting plus the two I already mentioned and if you draft one that makes 9. Which is fine I guess, though personally I'd go with 8.

If you can't remember their names we don't have quality depth. You're 1 injury away from having some undrafted fa getting blown up in the backfield every down. Most teams have injuries on the oline frequently we've just been lucky lately. Hilliard is a valuable as a backup because he can play inside or out. Depth guy all the way.

If you can't remember their names we don't have quality depth. You're 1 injury away from having some undrafted fa getting blown up in the backfield every down. Most teams have injuries on the oline frequently we've just been lucky lately. Hilliard is a valuable as a backup because he can play inside or out. Depth guy all the way.

I can remember Fox, he's not quality depth. Hilliard is fine, no problem but if and that's if we draft OT at 5, we don't need both him and Fox.

Back