Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Houston agrees on 5yr deal

CB Chris Houston deal is 5 yr/$25 mill, $15.5 mill over the first 3 years.

Good deal for both.

Houston gets paid.

Lions get a solid #1 or a very good #2 (if they could find a true #1) at an affordible rate.

Like the deal.

still looking for the hidden money as this puts them over the cap, does it not? or did i miss stafford's restructure? haven't read through all the other threads yet so quite possible i'm missing something or this deal puts us right at cap limit.

not knocking the deal, btw. very happy to have houston back at a reasonable price.

still looking for the hidden money as this puts them over the cap, does it not? or did i miss stafford's restructure? haven't read through all the other threads yet so quite possible i'm missing something or this deal puts us right at cap limit.

not knocking the deal, btw. very happy to have houston back at a reasonable price.

I think we had 6.7m so its close.

I still hope we can pick up Milliner. We've seen that Houston isn't even close to enough in the secondary. Milliner gives us a starting #2 that takes over the #1 duties next year. Bentley can work in as the nickel, since he wasn't all that good last year. Maybe he's our #2 in three years when we cut/restructure Houston.

Houston-Glover-Delmas?-Milliner is a solid secondary, one that could actually cover for more than half a second. LT and DE certainly are viable options, but those aren't quite the immediate need that CB is. Our O-line couldn't run block, but they didn't get Stafford killed with Backus and Peterman. Rieff can take over for Gosder, we can get an OG in the later rounds (perhaps Barrett Jones would could also play C). DE is a need if Avril walks, but the draft is very deep on D-linemen. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of round 2-4 linemen that can make an early impact.

On CB Chris Houston's five-year contract, $9.5 million of the $25 million is guaranteed, according to an NFL source. #Lions

Back