Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I am Still so pissed

biggunsbob

That one team was allowed to do anything they wanted to and one team was not...

24 points in only 26 minutes ...Give me a break NCAA and take a freaking hike..

Can anyone blow the picture up? I just don't know how to do it and I want to be even more pissed off..

Attachments

• d0408tb.jpg
    d0408tb.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Wow! Burke's play here is even more amazing from this angle. Notice how he keeps his right arm limp to avoid contact, and gets all ball (this was clearer from the angle they showed on TV). This play goes in the collection along with the phantom touchdown by Charles White and the trip of Desmond Howard in the endzone in the 1990 MSU vs Michigan game.

Just as i thought.... I am more pissed then ever... need some sleep..

Thanks for posting it J..

Can somebody get me a link for that gif so I can put the link on facebook?

The one thing we have to remember though is we had plenty of chances down the stretch. This one play is not the difference in the game. Missed FT opportunities and poor defense are more to blame than anything.

The one thing we have to remember though is we had plenty of chances down the stretch. This one play is not the difference in the game. Missed FT opportunities and poor defense are more to blame than anything.

I refuse to believe that. Could Michigan have overcome, yes...it's not this 1 play I'm worried about, there were 15 bad plays. A goal-tend that took away 2 points for UM, Hancock not getting that foul assesed to him which left him in the game which ultimately led to him drawing McGarys 4th foul taking him out. Shit was terrible. I don't like to blame refs but I'm all in on this one. Got screwed.

One team was allowed to manhandle guys and the other team was not.. I am not saying there were not some bad calls that went against the Cardinals but the 4 or 5 really terrible calls that went against us directly resulted in huge point swings... It really is funny how the media just chose to ignore the these facts. You can bet your a$$ if it was Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Indiana there would have been calls for an investigation...

How do you know? If they had made their ft's and played better defense (? Hancock made a ton of contested 3's), how do you know that the refs wouldn't have made a couple more calls against Michigan? UL and Pitino gets all the calls and it's been going on for years.

It was like Louisville knew that it could hack the shit out of Michigan. The refs were going to call some of them, but no way in hell they would call all of them or even more of them, because then that would be them deciding the game....ehhhhh ok

One team was allowed to manhandle guys and the other team was not.. I am not saying there were not some bad calls that went against the Cardinals but the 4 or 5 really terrible calls that went against us directly resulted in huge point swings... It really is funny how the media just chose to ignore the these facts. You can bet your a$$ if it was Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Indiana there would have been calls for an investigation...

I was bitching about it through your entire game thread. You guys got hosed. Sad thing is, this has happened for years and always will.

I was bitching about it through your entire game thread. You guys got hosed. Sad thing is, this has happened for years and always will.

Thanks i appreciate that I was at my dad's house for every NCAA game and only really posted toward the end on the game threads.. Just frustrating as hell how the Big ten in general gets hosed time and time again outside of the conference.

I don't know I was at the game, and have since watched it twice. Yes there were some bad calls, but the Cardinals had a lot go against them as well. It was pretty fair and we had plenty of things that cost us the game outside of the refs.

I don't know I was at the game, and have since watched it twice. Yes there were some bad calls, but the Cardinals had a lot go against them as well. It was pretty fair and we had plenty of things that cost us the game outside of the refs.

The plays that cost Michigan directly resulted in points being taking away from Michigan and points being given to Louisville.. I absolute reject the fact that the game was even remotely called the same way on both teams..

1. The goaltend 2 points.
2 Burke's 2nd foul in which the cardinal player initiated the contact.. He made 2 of 3 free throws... It should not have happened ..
3. Burke's block and 4th foul... The play before Spike drove to the hole and was hammered and no call was made and the very next play Burkes makes a perfect block and gets called.. 2 points to Louisville and a possible 2 taking away if we get free throws..
4.. The 5th foul on the cardinal player given to the wrong guy.. Not sure how many points he had after he should have had his 5th foul but it was a few that is for sure..

Sure there were other things that michigan could have done to overcome.. But they were called for 22 fouls and it could have been 52 fouls.. They press, grab clutch,ect,ect,ect and then Burkes gets called on freaking bullshit on his second and fourth foul...
Sorry but that block was a great defensive play just freaking ripped away from Burke and michigan by just one of the many wrong calls made by a terrible crew..I am still pissed about it...

I think time to move on

Oersonally i think Louisville was better team in second half even without the questionable calls

Yes refs were bad but yhate to learn to overcome it

I out some blame for loss on co aches - being prepared to defend Hancock, teaching levert to foul immediately, stuff like that, yes the calls hurt but i rally do not think new lost excuse of that

I am still pissed that the Anaheim Angels sat Torii Hunter and Bobby Abreau to have a look at prospects in the last game of the 2011 baseball season.

Back