Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

JV

I cant watch games, but my brother mentioned something to me yesterday, he thinks JV is throwing his slider too much, especially over his curveball which has always been one of his best pitches. i checked fangraphs' pitch chart, and he was right...his slider is up to 13.7% from 11.9% last year and his curve is down to 12.5% from 14.9%. Im not sure how much of a difference (if any) this is making, but it was an interesting observation at least.

Last edited:
I cant watch games, but my brother mentioned something to me yesterday, he thinks JV is throwing his slider too much, especially over his curveball which has always been one of his best pitches. i checked fangraphs' pitch chart, and he was right...his slider is up to 13.7% from 11.9% last year and his curve is down to 12.5% from 14.9%. Im not sure how much of a difference (if any) this is making, but it was an interesting observation at least.

Could be that he's having trouble, with his usually very good, 12-6 curve.

I hope he gets it back but i dont know...i mean could it be it has come and gone? he has been good for a while and great the past couple years..JV has proved me very wrong before :)

Last edited:
His location on his pitches has been the problem. I would guess he has a couple good outings and a couple bad outings while figuring this out. The best pitcher in baseball doesn't just become a fucking 3rd starter.

He can also have a down year it's aloud. As for him packing it in after the contract is a joke, he is way to cocky to have that be the reason.

I think he will bounce back and have a good august and september...

Back