Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kiel to ND

TheVictors

...or so says the 'dame' (his term, not mine) fan in our office. Decommitted from IU, allegedly visiting for the USC game so clearly he's going to win multiple titles and many Heismans in south bendover.....

::)

*deletes his text

TheVictors03 said:
...or so says the 'dame' (his term, not mine) fan in our office. Decommitted from IU, allegedly visiting for the USC game so clearly he's going to win multiple titles and many Heismans in south bendover.....

::)

*deletes his text
Weird word usage...Notre Broad

The dude actually played D 1-AA football but has let himself go and is really annoying with his 'dame' talk. He's told me at least a dozen times that 'dame deserved to win both its first two games...' blahblahblah, same story as always from their fans.

dame

Heh

Well I wouldn't be surprised. I think it would be more shocking if he actually stayed at Indiana.

TheVictors03 said:
The dude actually played D 1-AA football but has let himself go and is really annoying with his 'dame' talk. He's told me at least a dozen times that 'dame deserved to win both its first two games...' blahblahblah, same story as always from their fans.

dame

Heh

Saying "dame" makes me think there's a detective novel inner monologue here...

It was a cold and rainy night when the dame came knocking on my office door. I'd seen this type of dame before; she was tall and long-legged and the waves of her red hair tossed back over themselves sort of like what Vivaldi had in mind when he wrote Storm, and I knew right then she'd never be happy if she hired me. I solved her case before she even told me what it was. Her eyes darted to the remaining third of a bottle of Rich and Rare on my desk as she told me she thought she'd been robbed, but she couldn't tell me what it was she was missing. I knew. I turned around and lifted one of the slats of my Venetian blinds with my top knuckle to get a look at the rain and to buy a second to figure out what to tell her. She wasn't robbed; what she lost was her glory, and it was never going to return.

ESPNU 150 quarterback Gunner Kiel, ranked as the nation's No. 20 player, is re-evaluating his commitment to his homestate Indiana Hoosiers, his father, Kip, said Friday morning.

"He talked to [Indiana] coach [Kevin] Wilson last night to tell him he's re-evaluating his commitment," Kip Kiel said.

Kip Kiel declined to go into detail about which schools Gunner, a senior at Columbus East High School in Indiana, will now take into consideration and visit, but Alabama was his other finalist.

He also has offers from Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC, Florida and Michigan among many others before his original commitment.

"He's going to some games and other places and opening things back up," Kip Kiel said.

When asked what games and schools Gunner, a four-star recruit and No. 2 quarterback in the ESPNU 150, would check out, Kip Kiel said: "I don't want to get into that right now. I'm not even sure if he knows. It's a very difficult situation with the way things are going. He just wanted to let coach Wilson know and go from there."

Indiana has struggled this season, going 1-6 with losses to Ball State and North Texas. Their lone win came against Football Championship Subdivision opponent South Carolina State.

The Hoosiers are 99th in scoring this year among FBS teams with an average of 21 points per game.

The quarterback situation, which Gunner's brother Dusty is a part of, has been muddled since the start of the season. Hoosiers quarterbacks have a combined quarterback rating of 112.6, which also ranks 99th among FBS teams.

Kip said Gunner made the decision Thursday, but it's been something the family has talked about for a couple of weeks now.

"The last week or two especially, yeah," Kip said when asked if Indiana's struggles were a major factor. "I think there's a lot of things that had to do with. I don't want to get into specifics, but a lot of things are concerning."

Jared Shanker covers Midwest recruiting. He can be reached at [email protected].

Don't see a Notre Dame commitment listed here anywhere

With his options, didn't it seem kinda stupid that he committed to IU in the first place? This is a surprise. NOT.

Red and Guilty said:
TheVictors03 said:

dame

Heh

Saying "dame" makes me think there's a detective novel inner monologue here...

It was a cold and rainy night when the dame came knocking on my office door. I'd seen this type of dame before; she was tall and long-legged and the waves of her red hair tossed back over themselves sort of like what Vivaldi had in mind when he wrote Storm, and I knew right then she'd never be happy if she hired me. I solved her case before she even told me what it was. Her eyes darted to the remaining third of a bottle of Rich and Rare on my desk as she told me she thought she'd been robbed, but she couldn't tell me what it was she was missing. I knew. I turned around and lifted one of the slats of my Venetian blinds with my top knuckle to get a look at the rain and to buy a second to figure out what to tell her. She wasn't robbed; what she lost was her glory, and it was never going to return.

Damn good post! Kudos Red!

Back