Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

KVB released

zay44

Maybe we should just start an entire thread designed for all the releases lol. I'm assuming there's gonna be a lot.

Lions informed RE Kyle Vanden Bosch of his release.

Vanden Bosch, 34, was carrying a $10.7 million cap hit into 2013, so this was an obvious move after he registered just 3.5 sacks in 2012. KVB has started all 16 games over each of the last two seasons, and has spent the last three seasons in Detroit. Experiencing somewhat of a career revival under DL coach Jim Washburn in Tennessee, Vanden Bosch signed a four-year deal with Detroit. It's not out of the question that he could be brought back with Washburn now joining the Lions' staff.

KVB is a great influence on the practice field, I don't think he will get a lot of interest on the market, you bring him back on the cheap unless he wants to retire.

Not sure what would be fair and make it possible, a couple Million?

Had to be done. Hopefully hes back for motivational purposes. Corey Williams should be the next thread....then burleson.

Last edited:
i believe corey williams= free agent..and burleson there was talk of restructuring for cheaper..after the year...and with our situation at WR i have no problem with that

i believe corey williams= free agent..and burleson there was talk of restructuring for cheaper..after the year...and with our situation at WR i have no problem with that

I think both Williams and Burleson are free agents if I'm not mistaken.

I think both Williams and Burleson are free agents if I'm not mistaken.

Burleson has a 6.5 mil cap number this year....definitely not a FA. Corey Williams is a FA...my bad. For some reason we paid him 4.9 mil last year.

Monday's release of problem child Titus Young puts even more emphasis on Burleson's health. The 31-year-old veteran carries a $6.5 million cap number for 2013, but the Lions are desperate for wideout help behind Calvin Johnson. Ryan Broyles is rehabbing another torn ACL and the only other receivers on the roster are borderline NFL talents Kris Durham, Mike and Devin Thomas, Patrick Edwards and Brian Robiskie. Burleson will have some leverage if/when the Lions ask him to restructure his deal. Feb 5 - 8:23 AM

Last edited:

you have no problem paying Nate Burleson 6.5 million dollars? Hes 7.5 million against the cap next year lol. Whoever restructured his deal last year was obviously fucking hammered. I bet you could get Wallace for 6-8.

Last edited:
you have no problem paying Nate Burleson 6.5 million dollars? I bet you could get Wallace for 6-8.

no?..i said i was okay with him restructuring and staying on the team..as long as it lowers his cap number quite a bit..idk if wallace is a realistic option..i picture greg jennings possibly because his number might be lowered..do to age, and injuries last year..wallace was reportedly turning down 10 mil per from the steelers..i think someone overpays him.

Last edited:
no?..i said i was okay with him restructuring and staying on the team..as long as it lowers his cap number quite a bit..idk if wallace is a realistic option..i picture greg jennings possibly because his number might be lowered..do to age, and injuries last year..wallace was reportedly turning down 10 mil per from the steelers..i think someone overpays him.

ahhhh...i thought you said "after the year"....meaning you were fine paying him the 6.5 mil this year. my bad.

is there a cap hit from cutting KVB? cutting and bringing back somewhere down the line seems likely since he has not been injured and the lions drop like flies.

is there a cap hit from cutting KVB? cutting and bringing back somewhere down the line seems likely since he has not been injured and the lions drop like flies.

There's a small chance we might bring him back at a very low number. But to be clear, he has been injured. His neck was acting up all last season.

well that is very true, but at least he played albeit more than a step slower than previous years.

About 2 million from what I read. But they save 5 million in releasing him. After Young, KVB and Peterman were released the Lions saved about 8.5 million.

About 2 million from what I read. But they save 5 million in releasing him. After Young, KVB and Peterman were released the Lions saved about 8.5 million.

cool, thx. steep prices to pay but have to be done if they are going to be serious about fixing the numerous problems with this team. they have come a long way since 0-16, but these additional steps are needed in order to take the next step forward. doubtful they will be the last to go.

plus the savings from either letting Avril walk or resigning him at a lower number. CWs 5 mil is off the books. Should be in good enough shape to sign a couple key guys on the D. Kruger and DRC yes please!

the only way Wallace gets less than 5 years and 45 mill is if he's not happy with that and is willing to play on a 1 year deal again to try and get that top tier money next year.

some of you guys seriously have it twisted on who gets what when it comes to FA contracts. I mean fucking Shaun Smith from Miami is rumored to be aiming for 8 mill per but some people think Houston is only gonna get 5ish? Eric Weddell is the highest payed safety in NFL history with 5 years and 40 mill but Dashon Goldson is gonna cost more than both of the above mentioned corners? these are just some of the gems I see poking around here.

the pecking order for free agency contracts is QB, LT, DE, CB, WR >>> every other position on the football field. depending on the franchise and system LT and DE can be swapped and OLB can be paid like a DE in 3/4 systems.

Antonio Brown did not outplay Wallace this past year (Brown 66, 780, 5 - Wallace 64, 830, 8). Wallace will get his. Kruger is coming off his best year to date, is still very young, he's gonna be paid. Anthony Spencer will catch a super nice deal that could really shock the shit out of everybody. Avril, like it or not, is going to get paid by someone. These are all guys in their primes at positions of high value = BIG $$$$.

Back