Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions look for RB in the draft

what about Terrance Ganaway out of Baylor? kinda like his size and having played relatively few snaps until senior year means his legs are pretty fresh. projects to be a middle or later pick and lions could use his size for short yardage. 20+ TDs last year suggests he has some idea how to find the end zone. sure he faced easy fronts due to RGB3, but that is not all that different from fronts lions will be seeing as MS to CJ&Co continues improving. would help rest leshoure's achillies in short yardage as well.

I like both Polk and Pead in the fourth. I wouldnt be insanely pissed if they took a rb in the 3rd but it would have to be someone who is BPA without a doubt.

Sucks that the Lions may have to blow an early pick on yet another rusher, especially considering that BOTH Best AND Leshoure were far more costly than at first blush, b/c both were chosen by trading and/or giving up picks to move up to grab them in the late first (Best) and second round (Leshoure). Their OL and back 7 on D both badly need upgrades then and still do now...oh well...thems the breaks, (or cusses/shreds) I guess.

I'd rather see them spend every single pick on an O-line this draft than draft a RB early.

He trades up, which could be considered reaching. Most seem to be saying to take him in the 4th and since we finally pick in the back half of rounds I would be fine with using our 3rd round pick on him.

He trades up, which could be considered reaching. Most seem to be saying to take him in the 4th and since we finally pick in the back half of rounds I would be fine with using our 3rd round pick on him.

Trading up isn't reaching lol

Reaching means you take someone who isn't the top guy on your board simply because you want to fill the position. Mayhew won't do that

I said it could be considered, you're still losing something to take a guy earlier. The last two times we have traded up for a RB it has burned us.

Not sure why people think we gave up a lot to trade up for Best and Leshoure

Best = 2nd and 7th plus flipping 4th Rd picks.
Leshoure = 3rd and 4th plus flipping 5th and 7th Rd picks

Best was basically a 2nd, not exactly gonna set an organization back. Now if it was something like the Ingram trade which was a 2nd (2011) and 1st (2012) or the Mathews trade which was a 1st 2nd 4th for a 1st and 4th. Granted these 2 moves were much further back into draft but we didn't give up much for our walking wounded.

Last edited:
And don't forget, for that 2nd round pick and 7th round pick, we got a 1st rounder back.

Best hasn't set the world on fire, but neither has Chris Cook and the guy the Vikings drafted in the 7th. I don't even remember his name, but I know they cut him like two weeks into the season to make room for Hank Baskett.

So we gave up a pick that isn't likely to even stay in the NFL to move up from the 2nd back into the 1st. That's a solid deal there. And if I remember right, we still drafted in the 7th round that year, and got Willie Young out of it.

Back