Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lotto winner on food stamps

I'm more successful than the lot of you all put together, and I can embellish with the best of them. I went to Michigan. I have a house. I drive a car. I own a MacBookPro. A MACBOOKPRO. That's right, you read that correctly. I have talked to famous people.

I'll stop now, because I can see the heads drop in discouragement.

smayschmouthfootball said:
I'm more successful than the lot of you all put together, and I can embellish with the best of them. I went to Michigan. I have a house. I drive a car. I own a MacBookPro. A MACBOOKPRO. That's right, you read that correctly. I have talked to famous people.

*speaks in a Russian accent* - "Opulence... I has it."

smayschmouthfootball said:

Ha, I have a Dell.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/michigan-lotto-winner-charged-welfare-164254140.html

LINCOLN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- A Michigan woman who continued to get food stamps after winning a lottery jackpot was arraigned Tuesday on welfare fraud charges.

Amanda Clayton, 25, of Lincoln Park was arrested on Monday. If convicted of the two felony charges, she could face up to four years in prison.

Clayton stood silently during her arraignment at Lincoln Park's 25th District Court. Defense lawyer Stanley Wise said he hopes to have charges dismissed at her next court hearing April 24. He didn't elaborate.

"She's upset but she'll be fine," Wise said.

Clayton won the $1 million jackpot on "Make Me Rich!" a Michigan lottery game show, and chose to take home a $735,000 lump sum, before taxes.

The case came to light last month when Clayton told Detroit TV station WDIV that she thought it might have been OK to keep using food stamps because she wasn't working.

The state Department of Human Services has said it was Clayton's responsibility to report her dramatic change in wealth within 10 days. She was dropped from the food program.

Back