Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lotto winner on food stamps

I saw a lady one time during Jury Duty, go all "I'm Racist, I think he's guilty already, etc." to try to get out of it when she was being voir dire'd.

The Judge did not think it was so cute, held her in contempt and 24 hours in jail + a fine, then looked at us and said "anyone else want to test my smart-ass button today?"

Voir dire'd? That's what it's called?

That was on a case you were working on when that happened?

MI_Thumb said:
cheeno said:
C72C57205D39DB133755E9B82EC45.jpg

This was the picture of her they originally had up. You can make your own inferences about her life and morals but I'm going out on a limb and guessing "low" for both given the situation. You want to take the over?

It's just nice we have people like you out there who can make snap judgements on a persons character without ever doing anything more than looking at a photograph.

If you think that snap judgement was a good call you should have seen me back in my hey day on Hot or Not. In 1998 I gave out so many 7s people were like, "damn what do I got to do to get an 8, fire a razor though my uni-brow or something?" I digress.

Anyways you see this particular picture came with a whole story about how some bottom feeder still collects food stamps after winning (and likely squandering, according to you...good call btw) her lottery winnings. That tends to make my snap judgments a whole lot easier (and more accurate).

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]She's gonna be interviewed (or something) on CNN coming up this hour.

Why on earth would she go on TV again?

I mean, we all agree that based on 1st impressions, she was likely a democrat, but if she's going to appear on TV again, seems like she must be a republican.

Dense broad was supposed to report ANY change to her income while being on the food assistance program, and IMO, feigning ignorance is no excuse. She should be arrested charged with fraudulent use of state funds.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Voir dire'd? That's what it's called?

That was on a case you were working on when that happened?

*Ahem* voir dire is what we lawyers call "jury selection." It's pronounced "vwar deer," as it is originally a French term.

more specifically, the term applies to examining any potential witness or juror in court to determine if they are competent to serve in their respective role, but it's commonly used to refer only to the jury selection phase of a trial.

I think that anyone who wants to get out of Jury Duty should just wet their pants and cry.

smayschmouthfootball said:
I think that anyone who wants to get out of Jury Duty should just wet their pants and cry.

I can see animosity towards people that actually do something to get out of jury duty, but just wanting to get out of it is pretty natural.

Red and Guilty said:
smayschmouthfootball said:

I can see animosity towards people that actually do something to get out of jury duty, but just wanting to get out of it is pretty natural.

Aw, shut up and do your damn civic duty.

lawyers usually get excused from jury duty, either as a professional courtesy, or because the lawyers trying the case don't want another lawyer on the jury (for a variety of reasons.)

MI_Thumb said:
I saw a lady one time during Jury Duty, go all "I'm Racist, I think he's guilty already, etc." to try to get out of it when she was being voir dire'd.

The Judge did not think it was so cute, held her in contempt and 24 hours in jail + a fine, then looked at us and said "anyone else want to test my smart-ass button today?"

Hilarious, my Dad was once called for jury duty and some guy did the same thing, expecting to be immediately dismissed.

The judge "dismissed" him, but required him to remain in the back row of the courtroom until the entire process was complete.

tsmith7559 said:
TheVictors03 said:
divorced male, mid-50's lives in BFE ...

cheer up...you have a few years left

They say talking to yourself is a sign of intelligence ...in your case, I'm not sure it applies.

TheVictors03 said:
tsmith7559 said:
cheer up...you have a few years left

They say talking to yourself is a sign of intelligence ...in your case, I'm not sure it applies.

I'll put up my success in life against you anytime

tsmith7559 said:
TheVictors03 said:

I'll put up my success in life against you anytime

oh boy, here we go.

Back