Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LSU vs Michigan ??

um would beat lsu, they are not as great as many make them out to be this year

we're not going to get destroyed like we did in Week 1. I would guarantee that.

we're playing well as a team.

I think, if anything, we should have a better record than we do. could've won Saturday, at Nebraska, and at ND. not saying we should have, but it was possible.

aside from the questionable playcalling against ohio, and a personnel decision to go with Denard over Gardner all season (and specifically with Bellomy as a backup most season) which few would've questioned up until the Nebraska game, we are a very solid football team, and solid football teams don't get demolished in bowl games.

Did we even have a back-up ready for the Nebraska game? How on gods green and blue earth with a injury prone QB like Robinson does a huge program like Michigan not have a decent Back-up ready to play? Cost them the Nebraska game. That is just terrible coaching...

The Bowl match-ups are more suggestions and guidelines than anything certain or definitive.

Love,

2005 Outback Bowl taking Iowa over Michigan

The Bowl match-ups are more suggestions and guidelines than anything certain or definitive.

Love,

2005 Outback Bowl taking Iowa over Michigan

If I remember right there are some rules. They talked about it last year because of all that happened at Penn St and the fact that some bowls didnt want them. I think the bowls can choose teams as long as they have the same amount of wins to 1 more win. But A bowl could not take a 6 win Sparty team over an 8 win U of M because we have 2 more wins.

No, you're right in that there are some "rules" but there is nothing that automatically sends Michigan to one bowl and Northwestern to another, so long as it's outside the BCS. In 2005 it was the Outback Bowl's contention that UM had played so many recent games that the fans were no longer traveling well. Contrast that with Iowa that year and the Bowl took them...

and then M lost to a shit Nebraska team in the Alamo Bowl because they were pissed the Outback Bowl passed them over (or so they say....)

Back