Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matt Tuiasosopo as STarting LF

Bonds HR record could have been affected by PED'S I'm just saying by researching them I think they would have more effect on speed, stamina, durability... Granted they are gonna give you more muscle mass but hand eye coordination, bat speed through the zone and connecting with the ball in the right part of the bat is the main reason for a home run not muscle.

Could??? They were. In the case of Bonds, Sosa and McGuire. All of those roiders SMASHED the single season HR records and were roiders. There is no debate!

Bonds HR record could have been affected by PED'S I'm just saying by researching them I think they would have more effect on speed, stamina, durability... Granted they are gonna give you more muscle mass but hand eye coordination, bat speed through the zone and connecting with the ball in the right part of the bat is the main reason for a home run not muscle.

Funny that the big strong guys hit the most homeruns then huh? you would think with your explanation of what it takes the opposite might be true.

more muscle = more bat speed through the zone. for guys like bonds who was already a great hitter with exceptional hand-eye coordination, it just made it that much easier.

I just don't think every name that came up with Biogenisis or whatever it's called took PED's so I think baseball has to figure out a way to prove who did and didn't use cause some potential innocent players are gonna be suspended for nothing.

I just don't think every name that came up with Biogenisis or whatever it's called took PED's so I think baseball has to figure out a way to prove who did and didn't use cause some potential innocent players are gonna be suspended for nothing.

You think these guys went to Miami to get stuff that you can buy an the local GNC?

more muscle = more bat speed through the zone. for guys like bonds who was already a great hitter with exceptional hand-eye coordination, it just made it that much easier.

It made it so much easier that in the "decline years", as you get older he was still all world. Dumb schmuck. He wanted to be better than his God Father, Willie Mays. That's my thought.

It made it so much easier that in the "decline years", as you get older he was still all world. Dumb schmuck. He wanted to be better than his God Father, Willie Mays. That's my thought.

Well, that too. Steroids also help you heal faster so he could play longer, etc.

I'm saying it now: If Miggy is ever on a list I might just freak out. So please, Miggy, be clean.

Tram deserves to be in if you compare what he did vs. his contemporary that got in on the first ballot! If you compare their stats Tram was every bit the player that Ozzie Smith was....he just couldn't do a back flip!

Tram deserves to be in if you compare what he did vs. his contemporary that got in on the first ballot! If you compare their stats Tram was every bit the player that Ozzie Smith was....he just couldn't do a back flip!

He was better than Ozzie in all ways on offense except SB. And Tram was underrated as a defensive player. I've just come to the conclusion that voters don't want him in..

All my years growing watching the tigers I believe tram and sweet Lou were the best middle infielders in baseball it could be me just saying that cause I'm a tiger fan but I think they both should be in the HOF. We know MIGGY is gonna make the HOF but does he end his career as a tiger and do you think he would wear the old English D or marlins since they are the ones that gave him the shot at the bigs?

I don't think MIGGY would ever take them he respects the game way too much and he has always been good.... But like you said if he came up dirty I would lose all faith that there are any good players left.

He was better than Ozzie in all ways on offense except SB. And Tram was underrated as a defensive player. I've just come to the conclusion that voters don't want him in..

Career Away

Smith .260 BAVG .329 OBP .325 SLG .654 OPS (19 yrs 10778 PA)

Trammell .279 BAVG .341 OBP .429 SLG .750 OPS (20 yrs 9376 PA)

There is no comparison offensively. It is Trammell hands down.

Smith .978 FPCT 239 TZ

Trammell .977 FPCT 80 TZ

Trammell caught what he got to and had an accurate arm, but he was not is the same league with Smith in Range. Smith is in the HoF because of his defense. Trammell is not in the HoF because he had too many injury plagued season after 1987 (age 29). There isn't any conspiracy here. If Trammell had just one more season where he played most of the games, then the argument against him being there would not exist.

Seasons playing in 80% of team's games

Smith 15 seasons

Trammell 11 Seasons

Should still be in. And it makes no sense Ozzie would get 93% or whatever he had on the first ballot and Tram gets 15% and still hasn't crossed 40. Its a shame and a sham.

Back