Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matt Tuiasosopo as STarting LF

It's a really sad that people have to jump to PED use anytime someone not on their team performs well. I have yet to understand how taking any PED makes a guy hit for a higher average, higher OBP, etc. PED's may explain increasing power numbers, but how does it help your timing/eye-hand-coordination/or plate discipline?

because players that have had career years have been found to been using PEDs time and time again. BTW...I was talking about a player on my team (TUI)

so just because they are having a career year, it automatically means that they are a PED user???? come on dude think

because players that have had career years have been found to been using PEDs time and time again. BTW...I was talking about a player on my team (TUI)

Name 5 players; since it's happened "time and time again". If it's so common that players having career years have been found using PED's you should have no trouble coming up with at least 5 players who were caught after having career years.

So, according to you of they are having a career year they have to be on peds

So, according to you of they are having a career year they have to be on peds

No....I never said they have to be on PEDs....but there is a great chance that they are. Why wouldn't you suspect that they are when so many players have been using them?

I have no idea if Tui is on anything but for years he sucked, at the ml level and ML level. And suddenly he's figured out how to hit? At his age? He could be.

Last edited:
Melky Cabrera
Brady Anderson
Brett Boone
Ken Caminiti
Ryan Braun

All those people proved to be on PEDs?

Where was Brady Andersons failed tests or admission of use?

Boone was named only by Canseco as using steroids, during a conversation they supposedly had at second base during spring training. It was later proven Canseco never reached second base to have said conversation.

Ken Caminiti was a Cocaine abuser, not PED's.

So you have Melky, Braun, and I'll give you one for free, Bartolo Colon who had career years and then were found to have been using PED's.

All the rest is just your speculation.

I have no idea if Tui is on anything but for years he sucked, at the ml level and ML level. And suddenly he's figured out how to hit? At his age? He could be.

Again, what PED teaches you how to hit? The $10,000 question nobody can answer.

No....I never said they have to be on PEDs....but there is a great chance that they are. Why wouldn't you suspect that they are when so many players have been using them?

Actually you did.

You didn't say suspected, or implied, you said "been found".

Again, what PED teaches you how to hit? The $10,000 question nobody can answer.

I don't know. But guys that were caught after using had career years, well like Melky.

Nonetheless, it has to help some or else no one would take them.

PED's I believe do not help a player hit better... I've played baseball since I was 5 yrs old and I am now 32 in high school I was 5'10" 165 lbs so not a very big guy at all but I hit 20hrs my freshman yr 25 my sophomore yr 26 my junior yr and 28 my senior yr yeah 50% of them were in the park home runs but non the less PED's can not effect hand eye coordination and no matter how big or strong you are don't mean your gonna hit a HR it's the bat speed through the zone and the contact on the bat anyone who gets the ball in the right spot on the bat and you get the bat speed right and your hand eye coordination is dead on any player can hit a HR look at Mike Hampton a pitcher he hit home runs but were PED's involved no it's just timing if all these analysts and stats guys really sat down and looked at it I think the only thing PED's would do for someone would maybe give them more energy more speed so there defense/fielding those types of things would be more affected by them...... And for people talking about PED's and career years look at MIGGY's numbers at the break they are his best yet but does that mean he should be linked to that stuff no it just means he is putting extra work in on the offseason and spring training during practice and trying to improve his game just because someone is having a career year or there numbers are better then they were the last few years or whatever just means that they may have tried to do more things to improve yeah there are guys who have had career years and have been using PED's but doesn't mean all of them do it some people are in it for the love and respect of the game and to get better each and every year just think about everything involved before you go linking people to taking PED's.......

Peds help or else people wouldn't be using them, its that simple. Can someone explain to me why players use them if it doesn't help? Maybe they're all stupid..

As far as Miggy, that's just dumb mnatzel. He's been hitting since grade school. Its not just about career years, its about being a certain player for awhile and suddenly hit way better than you every have. I again, I use Melky as an example.

I said it would be dumb to include MIGGY in that but people who are on this kick of PED's see a boost in numbers start linking these players and you never know some moron might throw his name in their just to tarnish everything he has accomplished.... I think MIGGY is the best hitter ever in baseball cause he does it all and he keeps getting better..... And your right PED'S do help like I said but I don't think it helps the batting portion as much as it may affect other areas cause hitting is hand/eye coordination and PED's can make that any better I mean a lil more bulk could possibly give you more of a chance to produce HR's but I still think it has a lot to do with hand eye coordination and again I did state like you gave the example of melky there are others Braun Sosa a-rod McGwire bonds that have done PED's but I don't think that every player that has a spike in stats or a career year is due to PED's and people should research it more before they start throwing names out there so the innocent ones don't get the reputation or names or accomplishments tarnished for what they have done......and as far as Peralta is concerned I don't think he has done them he is on a better team in a better lineup in a better situation and is probably viewing tapes and may be even taking tips from MIGGY who knows but that's my opinion I just don't believe all spikes or career years should be linked to PED's..... 2 of my cousins think JV's down year this year is because he has been taking them all this time and he quit cause he didn't want to get caught so that's why he is having an offseason.... How ridiculous do you think that is?

I said it would be dumb to include MIGGY in that but people who are on this kick of PED's see a boost in numbers start linking these players and you never know some moron might throw his name in their just to tarnish everything he has accomplished.... I think MIGGY is the best hitter ever in baseball cause he does it all and he keeps getting better..... And your right PED'S do help like I said but I don't think it helps the batting portion as much as it may affect other areas cause hitting is hand/eye coordination and PED's can make that any better I mean a lil more bulk could possibly give you more of a chance to produce HR's but I still think it has a lot to do with hand eye coordination and again I did state like you gave the example of melky there are others Braun Sosa a-rod McGwire bonds that have done PED's but I don't think that every player that has a spike in stats or a career year is due to PED's and people should research it more before they start throwing names out there so the innocent ones don't get the reputation or names or accomplishments tarnished for what they have done......and as far as Peralta is concerned I don't think he has done them he is on a better team in a better lineup in a better situation and is probably viewing tapes and may be even taking tips from MIGGY who knows but that's my opinion I just don't believe all spikes or career years should be linked to PED's..... 2 of my cousins think JV's down year this year is because he has been taking them all this time and he quit cause he didn't want to get caught so that's why he is having an offseason.... How ridiculous do you think that is?

I would never have thought Peralta was on anything because he hit well when he came here. But his name was on the Bio list. Maybe it means nothing but why would his name be connected if he's clean?

PED's I believe do not help a player hit better... I've played baseball since I was 5 yrs old and I am now 32 in high school I was 5'10" 165 lbs so not a very big guy at all but I hit 20hrs my freshman yr 25 my sophomore yr 26 my junior yr and 28 my senior yr yeah 50% of them were in the park home runs but non the less PED's can not effect hand eye coordination and no matter how big or strong you are don't mean your gonna hit a HR it's the bat speed through the zone and the contact on the bat anyone who gets the ball in the right spot on the bat and you get the bat speed right and your hand eye coordination is dead on any player can hit a HR look at Mike Hampton a pitcher he hit home runs but were PED's involved no it's just timing if all these analysts and stats guys really sat down and looked at it I think the only thing PED's would do for someone would maybe give them more energy more speed so there defense/fielding those types of things would be more affected by them...... And for people talking about PED's and career years look at MIGGY's numbers at the break they are his best yet but does that mean he should be linked to that stuff no it just means he is putting extra work in on the offseason and spring training during practice and trying to improve his game just because someone is having a career year or there numbers are better then they were the last few years or whatever just means that they may have tried to do more things to improve yeah there are guys who have had career years and have been using PED's but doesn't mean all of them do it some people are in it for the love and respect of the game and to get better each and every year just think about everything involved before you go linking people to taking PED's.......

Just a suggestion, paragraph long posts like this up a little, those are some painful blocks of text to try to read.

So Bonds' HR records were not impacted by his PED use?

Bonds HR record could have been affected by PED'S I'm just saying by researching them I think they would have more effect on speed, stamina, durability... Granted they are gonna give you more muscle mass but hand eye coordination, bat speed through the zone and connecting with the ball in the right part of the bat is the main reason for a home run not muscle.

Back