Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Megatron to set single season WR TD record

The record is kind of tainted anyway. Jerry Rice had 22 in the strike shortened 1987 season. He only played in 12 games that year.

tbone413 said:
Im going to Keep track of Calvins progress this season, ill update it every game.

TD's: 4
Games Played: 2
TD/game ratio:2
TD/game ratio needed to break record: 1.35

------------------------------------------------------------
The Record is 23 set in 2007 by Randy Moss.

What do you think? Does Megatron have a shot at it?

If stafford stays healthy (That dreaded sentence to start every prediction) I can see this being a real possibility.

Reasons:

- Stafford and CJ's chemistry is cleary peaking
- Our Defense is good enough to keep the Lions TOP high
- Stafford is a good Red Zone QB
- the only game Stafford finished last year resulted in 3TDs for CJ (2 in one game this year)
- We have enough offense weapons where teams cant focus solely on CJ.

Basically Johnson will have to average 1.4 TD's per game to break the record...I think that its possible.

Miles Austin is on the same pace.

Did anyone else see Cris Carter before MNF? He said CJ requires a double team, seems like he's changed his tune pretty fast.

Miles Austin might be having Kitna throwing to him again pretty soon so seeing a drop-off wouldn't be surprising...

adam86107 said:
Did anyone else see Cris Carter before MNF? He said CJ requires a double team, seems like he's changed his tune pretty fast.

Why was he talking about him in the first place? Were they just showing highlights?

miggytron said:
adam86107 said:

Why was he talking about him in the first place? Were they just showing highlights?

Yeah pretty much, they were talking about the Lions expectations.

This won't happen but I like CJ. He's my favorite WR in football. If he sets the record I'll be pretty shocked. Lions offense is good but I expect them to have their struggles. I don't think they're as good as that Pats team or 9ers team.

Brady had all day to throw deep to moss. Even in our blow out game vs KC stafford was getting hit....alot. Our oline doesnt compare and cant give the time neccesary to put up montrous numbers like brady/moss. Stafford mic'd was pretty telling though....its on his mind and hes keeping track lol. Kinda makes me optimistic he'll get to 20. 12-16 is realistic.

mhughes0021 said:
Brady had all day to throw deep to moss. Even in our blow out game vs KC stafford was getting hit....alot. Our oline doesnt compare and cant give the time neccesary to put up montrous numbers like brady/moss. Stafford mic'd was pretty telling though....its on his mind and hes keeping track lol. Kinda makes me optimistic he'll get to 20. 12-16 is realistic.

Brady doesn't get hit because he threatens defenses with that short quick passing game for big yardage if they blitz. It's not that his oline is great. Don't get me wrong he doesn't have Raiola snapping to him but he makes that line look a ton better than they are. If you blitz Brady he'll make you pay..if you blitz 80% of the other leagues starters they might make some throws but they're usually taking a hell of a shot. Then when teams get tired of getting beat that way, they drop into coverage and Brady would torch them down field. God forbid you blitz and they pick it up because you have no chance.

I dont see how the record is tainted though. What about the year Brady went down with an injury, that wasnt fair to moss and his pursuit of an even higher number. or any year a QB or WR gets hurt, its out of their control just the strike.

doinwork83 said:
I dont see how the record is tainted though. What about the year Brady went down with an injury, that wasnt fair to moss and his pursuit of an even higher number. or any year a QB or WR gets hurt, its out of their control just the strike.

Getting hurt is part of the game..playing a shortened season is not. Injuries occurr and no one is excused (look at Manning).. there are always what ifs when guys get hurt but when a guy has the league record in a shortened series, I think it's fair to assume he would have compiled more with extra games. If I told you a guy had 5000 passing yards in a season but then told you another guy had 4800 yards passing in just 12 games...who ya gonna be more impressed with? Same hting in baseball...if baseball would go to a 140 game schedule and someone hit 68 hr's, who's is more impressive..him or Bonds?

Tainted?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Megatron with 2 more TD's today.

On pace for 32 TDs for the year.

Back