Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Megatron to set single season WR TD record

tbone413

Im going to Keep track of Calvins progress this season, ill update it every game.

TD's: 9
Games Played: 5
TD/game ratio:1.8
TD/game ratio needed to break record: 1.27

------------------------------------------------------------
The Record is 23 set in 2007 by Randy Moss.

What do you think? Does Megatron have a shot at it?

If stafford stays healthy (That dreaded sentence to start every prediction) I can see this being a real possibility.

Reasons:

- Stafford and CJ's chemistry is cleary peaking
- Our Defense is good enough to keep the Lions TOP high
- Stafford is a good Red Zone QB
- the only game Stafford finished last year resulted in 3TDs for CJ (2 in one game this year)
- We have enough offense weapons where teams cant focus solely on CJ.

Basically Johnson will have to average 1.4 TD's per game to break the record...I think that its possible.

Possible, but not likely. The thing is we do have enough weapons, too many for CJ to get that many TDs. Spreading the love out makes us a better team.

It's possible but not likely. As long as we're winning games and relatively healthy, linemen can score all the touchdowns on fumble recoveries in the endzone for all I care.

it's all about stafford staying healthy. clearly our ground game is garbage in the redzone, so he'll have a ton of opportunities.

Very possible, he is unguardable in the End Zone. There is no CB that has the height and leaping ability to defend CJ.

Maybe something like 14-18 td's. Defenses are going to be all over him. I expect Stafford to easily eclipse 30 td's but there are just too many weapons.

Of course he could have a couple more this week in the red zone. Flowers is 5'9". That's a 7-8 inch advantage.

Teams will do what they can to take CJ away. The problem for them is we have a huge target in Pettigrew. Nate seems to make every catch thrown his way and I expect Titus to start making a name for himself soon. And best out of the backfield is no joke. The weapons we have brings back memories of the 90's when we had Moore and Perriman. Granted we dont have Barry but we do have Staff instead of Mitchell. I don't see CJ getting more than 18 but he does have the talent to get the record.

Revis is really the only guy in the league that could probably cover CJ one on one. And we don't play him this year. So 23 TDs is very possible, I think.

Really anything is possible with this team just as long as Stafford stays healthy. However the only reason why I don't see him getting the record is because I foresee games where we are going to use CJ as more of a decoy and deploy the rest of the weapons

Still a great chance though, I'm loving the early chemistry

Burleson
Scheffler
Pettigrew
Best
Titus
Stovall

CJ will get his TDs but with so many players capable of getting those passes, I just don't see him racking up a whole lot. They'll take advantages of the mismatches he creates in the endzone (there are lots of them), but I don't see it being enough for a TD record. He'll be in the 12-15 range.

FOR:

Chemistry
We have no red zone running game.
We have a good offense that will get into the red zone a lot.
CJ is a home run threat
Staff has a cannon

AGAINST:

To many other weapons
Defense's would certainly try to take that away and make someone else score
Best is a HR threat
We will be ahead a lot more often in games...running the ball more.
Linehan calling plays NOT TO LOSE games. (as he did the last 21 min against Tampa)
CJ's will miss a game or two.

I'll say 16 though. CJ is a beast.
5 TD's -10 yds
7 TD's 11-20 yds
4 TD's 20+ yds

I don't know...23 is a lot. We targeted Pettigrew twice (Staff overthrow/Pettigrew drop) though when we were in the red zone (I think Calvin got the other look and scored). But he'll get his opportunities for sure

2 more TD's for CJ. He sure looks pretty unstoppable in the red zone so far this year.

If he plays all 16 games I think he has a shot..

Back