Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Megatron to set single season WR TD record

He isn't recepticon anymore remember? He wants to be called the black wes welker. Kinda tough to match Welker's performance today though.

Personally I would love to see him break the record. In 2007 I had Moss and Brady on my fantasy team and crazy enough this year I have Stafford and Johnson so that would be fantastic. It is possible, but it is not likely I mean Moss & Brady was insane that year. The weapons on our team does make this harder to achieve, but it is possible just not very likely.

2 more TD's for Megatron.

He cannot be stopped!

CJ has now over taken Andre Johnson on Old Slicks list....

He now slides into the 1 slot and Andre to the 1a

absolute cannot be covered man to man inside the 10

That catch in triple coverage was ridiculous...it trumps the catch last week IMO.

Romneybot said:
That catch in triple coverage was ridiculous...it trumps the catch last week IMO.

That was good. He waved his hand "throw it Matt", lol.

Megatron had another dominating game - but "only" managed 1 TD this week.

He now has 9 TDs in 5 weeks. The most ever thru the first 5 games of a season.

Megatron wanted the ball late in the game when the Lions were running out the clock. He recognized he had single coverage with no one over the top and Stafford handed off to Best for no gain instead. Sure seemed like CJ was not very happy with that, and there were other opportunities where running out the clock was the preferred play call. I'm pretty sure CJ will point out these things, so Stafford and the coaches will be looking his way better in the future during those moments. Sure there is a case for running out the clock, but I rank that only slightly behind the use of the "prevent" defense. When you have momentum and are easily driving the ball down the field with a good dose of passes, why abandon it? Kill the other team's ability to be in the game entirely by scoring TDs and going ahead by 3+ scores instead!

You're up by 8 and that particular play there was what a minute and a half left? 2 minutes? And got the Bears to use all timeouts. And guess what, they ran it down to one minute while getting a short FG. You don't throw just to throw. Best was awesome on that last drive. He's the one that got us down to the 10 and sealed the game.

And with a 2 score lead with one minute left, you sure better be in prevent and guard the sidelines.

3rd and goal at 2:10 on the clock from the 15 yard line. Running up the middle accomplished jack. Throw it up for CJ to come down with it instead. The run takes it to 2:00 warning, but the pass and subsequent FG on an incompletion would net same result. You have a shot at going up 2 TDs, 1 PAT, and 1 2pt conversion. Instead you go up only 1 TD plus 2pt and 1 FG. Typically it is easier to come back from down 11 than down 15. Sure you run the risk of an INT, but in running you run the risk of a fumble so that is moot, especially when throwing up the jump ball to CJ as he is far more likely to come down with it than not.

As for prevent D, I prefer being aggressive over passive which is evident from the above. I might lose, but at least I'm going down swinging. But in the end, I'm not the coach so my opinion means jack. ;)

Int is a lot more likely than a fumble. Kick the field goal and go up two scores with 2mins left on a team that has had trouble moving the ball.

zyxt9 said:
3rd and goal at 2:10 on the clock from the 15 yard line. Running up the middle accomplished jack. Throw it up for CJ to come down with it instead. The run takes it to 2:00 warning, but the pass and subsequent FG on an incompletion would net same result. You have a shot at going up 2 TDs, 1 PAT, and 1 2pt conversion. Instead you go up only 1 TD plus 2pt and 1 FG. Typically it is easier to come back from down 11 than down 15. Sure you run the risk of an INT, but in running you run the risk of a fumble so that is moot, especially when throwing up the jump ball to CJ as he is far more likely to come down with it than not.

As for prevent D, I prefer being aggressive over passive which is evident from the above. I might lose, but at least I'm going down swinging. But in the end, I'm not the coach so my opinion means jack. ;)

You need to get Chicago to use its ti ekuts and get under 2 minutes. Throw it up and they have more time and timeouts if its not complete. And what about possible INT?

And "I might lose but I'm going down swinging", lmao. They are going to be up by two scores. The object is too win. With no timeouts, no way Chicago was scoring 11 points. Not with the prevent and protect the sidelines.

I don't like the prevent with a TD lead with 40 seconds left but with 11 point lead it works.

Stafford barely throws him the fn ball now. He'll be lucky to score another one all year.

When we were very successful, we were lobbing it up to johnson constantly in souble coverage, now i barely see him getting thrown to at all. And weve lost a whole bunch of games.

Back