Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Football Recruiting 2022 Thread

It probably doesn't bother anyone else but commits going where the money is college football is getting closer to the NFL. Day by day. I don't see that as good.

4-Star DE Derrick Moore commits!

https://247sports.com/Player/Derrick-Moore-46080075/

Excellent frame with length. Carries 260 pounds like it is 240. Agile and athletic. Can bulk up and play 3-technique or stay at current size and play strong side defensive end. Shows excellent body control. Sinks hips and redistributes weight quickly. Fires off low and has twitch in getting up field. Wins leverage battle. Very good shoulder dip to gain edge. Has ability to redirect along line of scrimmage. Chases plays down. Bends well and has flexibility throughout frame. Possesses closing speed. Is able to corral ball carriers in space. At his best when using speed. Shows an ability to anchor at point of attack, disengage and locate ball carrier. Composed and sure tackler. Has to continue to add strength throughout frame. Relies heavily on speed. Has to continue to develop moves to keep linemen off balance and be less predictable play to play. Multi-year starter at high-level program.

It probably doesn't bother anyone else but commits going where the money is college football is getting closer to the NFL. Day by day. I don't see that as good.

c7a915778f59407cbb4d9abfa65f806b.jpg

I mean, as funny as it is that Ewers took $1.5MM from OSU boosters then split is somewhat funny to me. I've said before that I have no issue with letting the players make money if there's money to be made, I just think it's ridiculous that the adults in the room allowed the No. 1 overall recruit go to Jackson State for a million dollars when he could have gone to Bama, Michigan or another top tier school and been developed into a top 5-10 pick in 3 years. Not saying he won't develop at JSU, lord knows his coach knows how to play the position, but the likelihood of it happening are a lot lower there.

I was also under the impression that NIL was NOT supposed to be used as a recruiting pitch and it clearly is being used by schools. My understanding is that you are allowed to show a recruit examples of the opportunities other players are getting, but outright handing them a contract wasn't allowed.

As frustrating as it may be to fans to see these top tier recruits going elsewhere, I don't think the coaches want those types of kids. They'd love to have their talent but I'd question their commitment.

Sounds like Michigan may have burned a bridge with Belleville. Didn't send a LOI to Aaron Alexander. May not have been a committable offer with recent additions to the class.

Hunter going to JSU is a very smart move IMO.

He will absolutely start as a frosh and learn from one of the best. Get 2 solid years vs lesser competition, learning and developing with likely less pounding on the body as opponents will be less athletic and deliver less pounding on his body. All while still getting $$$.

Then for year 3, use portal to go play at a NC contender, he will start, get paid, then jump to NFL.

Last edited:
The OL showed good depth all year, but this is a great addition. Kinda surprised he didn't go pro, he certainly would have been drafted.

But, if he has an even better season next year he will likely be drafted earlier. With NIL, the finances might play out better to stay for him.

What 3, I thought Vastardis was the only one who maxed out his eligibility?

You're correct, Vastardis is the only one. Stueber and Filiaga can play one more year because of the COVID rule. Stueber probably will head to the NFL. He was projected as a 2nd/3rd round pick before the season started and he definitely didn't do anything to hurt that. Everyone else has at least 2 years left.

Last edited:
Ryan Hayes could declare, too. If they don't go, this offense is going to be special next year

Ryan Hayes could declare, too. If they don't go, this offense is going to be special next year

I think the offense is going to be special next year regardless. Remington finalist center, stacked receiving group and Corum/Edwards in the backfield. I know we've all been down the Brady/Henson road, but I cannot imagine Cade holds off JJ for another season. JJ without freshman mistakes has got to be a terrifying thought for defensive coordinators because even when he reverts to shit that only works in high school he's dropping dimes for 70+ yard touchdowns.

I think the offense is going to be special next year regardless. Remington finalist center, stacked receiving group and Corum/Edwards in the backfield. I know we've all been down the Brady/Henson road, but I cannot imagine Cade holds off JJ for another season. JJ without freshman mistakes has got to be a terrifying thought for defensive coordinators because even when he reverts to shit that only works in high school he's dropping dimes for 70+ yard touchdowns.

JJ has to learn how to slide or he won?t mark It a full season.

Putting this in the 2022 thread since he'll be immediately eligible as a grad transfer.

?Former five-star EDGE recruit Eyabi Anoma has enrolled at Michigan and is in the school's directory. Former Alabama, Houston, UT Martin player entered the transfer portal on Aug. 15. Led UT Martin w/ 9.5 sacks last year.?

He was heavily recruited by Michigan out of high school and ultimately was rated as a 5 star and committed to Bama. He's bounced around since then. Left Bama at the end of 2018-2019 year, redshirted in 2019 at Houston, left Houston due to violation of team rules, sat out 2020 due to COVID, and then finally landed at UT martin where he had a good year.

Cameron Calhoun announced that he had committed to the Wolverines. 4-star.

Back