Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Football Recruiting 2022 Thread

Not a glowing review over at Touch the Banner. Kind of figured he'd be a project since he's a 3* on Rivals and 247. ESPN is the only site that ranks him as a 4* and ESPN is the worst recruiting service. Hopefully all works out. He should have plenty of time to develop if McCarthy is what everyone expects.

https://touch-the-banner.com/jayden-denegal-wolverine/

Not a glowing review over at Touch the Banner. Kind of figured he'd be a project since he's a 3* on Rivals and 247. ESPN is the only site that ranks him as a 4* and ESPN is the worst recruiting service. Hopefully all works out. He should have plenty of time to develop if McCarthy is what everyone expects.

https://touch-the-banner.com/jayden-denegal-wolverine/

OK i was looking at the link I provided which shows him as a 4* on the 247 composite

OK i was looking at the link I provided which shows him as a 4* on the 247 composite

No biggie. ESPN's rating is elevating him in the composite. They're the only service that doesn't reevaluate prospects, so I always take their ratings with a grain of salt when the other services agree on a lower ranking.

Jackson decommits from USC and will attend The Game...

I wonder the degree to which UM needs to play well in order to land him? Hopefully there will be a lower percentage of red in the stands compared to recent games vs OSU.

Thanks for the updates! Looking for some beef on the lines.

There's some good beef in the class. https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

And Andrew Gentry is coming with this class. 4-Star 6'8" 310 lbs OT. Technically a 2020 recruit, but coming in with the 2022 class because of his stormin' Mormon mission.

Hell yes! I also saw we are favorites to land the transfer from UVA - an award finalist for best Center. He has two years of eligibility. Please don't ask for his name because i couldn't spell it now if my life depended on it.

Hell yes! I also saw we are favorites to land the transfer from UVA - an award finalist for best Center. He has two years of eligibility. Please don't ask for his name because i couldn't spell it now if my life depended on it.

Olusegun Oluwatimi. Would be great to replace Vastardis with a Rimington finalist!

Last edited:
Getting close to a few more decisions soon. Hopefully we can get the last couple of pieces. Losing a Cass Tech kid to Kentucky is mind-boggling and hard to understand. Ethan Burke flipping really sucks but is somewhat understandable since it's Texas and he's from Austin.

I also get the feeling from listening to some of the recruiting guys that this class is full of guys that are going to buy into the new culture. I don't think that Michigan is going to be able to go toe to toe with OSU, Bama and UGA with the top 100 so it's important to get the kids that are going to buy into the program and not the kids that are going to transfer after a year or two because they're not happy with playing time or accountability.

Back