Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan vs Oregon Sweet 16 Thread

The Walton attempt I'm second last possession would have been sweet

Score could have been worse as they were only 9-16 in free throw , we were 7-7

Should have driven to the basket. You need 2 not 3, buddy. Terrible decision by Walton even if he made it.
Great season though, guys. It was fun.

Why shoot the 3 down by 1? Makes no sense. Drive the fucking ball he would of got fouled with the way Oregon was playing.

The rebound and the layup from Oregon on the missed FT won this game.

Get that rebound, up 3 with a chance to go up 5-6 with a minute left? Or give them a layup and they get another bucket right after.

offensive board on a free throw is inexcusable. Did not deserve to win this game and that's what is disappointing.

Some memorable moments the last month though.

offensive board on a free throw is inexcusable. Did not deserve to win this game and that's what is disappointing.

Some memorable moments the last month though.

I saw that twice

And really thought Walton was going to drive but no one else was there to help

Live by the 3, die by the three

Last edited:
Should have driven to the basket. You need 2 not 3, buddy. Terrible decision by Walton even if he made it.
Great season though, guys. It was fun.

That seems to be the trend this year. I've seen several guys do that during this tourney.

I'm okay with the final shot. He got a ton of space and an open three is always a good look, no matter if you are down 1 or 2.

Dana Altman said Oregon was supposed to foul on that final possession when Walton got the shot off.
Pee mlive reporter

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the last shot, though I kinda thought they'd do something a little more creative.

not sure what the fuck our gameplan was from like the 3:00-1:00 mark though. It seemed like we played like there was a little more time on the clock than we thought... like it just got away from us.

Well hopefully this builds to something good next season. I think we all knew this team had no shot to win the tourney. They got as much out of what they had.

what a bummer. an inch here or there, and we'd be in the elite 8.

great run, good season and all, but... ah fuck. why'd i get my hopes up so much?

Back