Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mission Accomplished

bamf_16

Brady Hoke was hired during a time when the UM fanbase was fundamentally broken. A man was needed to fix the divide. He did that. A man was needed to heal a program. He did that. Now, a man is needed to build a program into a WINNER. The question is simply, can Brady Hoke do that? (At the postgame presser, he said he liked the play calling. Sheesh.) The fan base came back together very quickly after his hiring. The Sugar Bowl win helped immensely.

This is a man who had one good year at his alma mater and one good year at San Diego State. Has he given UM its "one good year?" Some guys are meant to coach at the Ball States and San Diego States of the world. Not everyone is meant to coach the winningest program in college football that occupies the biggest football stadium in the country. There's no shame in that. A lot of great position coaches and coordinators failed in their head coaching endeavors.

I'm hesitant to overhaul football programs when smaller changes might fix the problems. Michigan's defenses have been strong the past 3 years (moments of weakness, but strength overall) and an overhaul may do more harm than good for that unit. But offensively? What could go wrong with making changes at OL coach, OC, and possibly even RB coach? Can an AD force a head coach to give autonomy to his OC and DC but override stupidity when it rears its ugly head on gameday? I simply don't know.

What I do know is this: When Alabama needed a coach to get the program back to prominence, it got Nick Saban. OSU got Urban Meyer. LSU got Les Miles, Auburn got Gus Malzahn, Miami got Al Golden, FSU got Jimbo Fisher. Schools still floundering have hired their Will Muschamps, Lane Kiffins, and unfortunately right now, Brady Hokes.

Will position coaching changes fix this? The last time these changes were demanded, it was after year 3 of RR, and most thought overhaul was best. Is that still the sentiment?

Maybe we could bring Rich Rod back as the offensive coordinator.

How much time does he have at Arizona anyway?

And the weather sucks in Tuscon.

And how many times can a guy stomach taking the opposing coach for home games to the Tombstone exhibition?

He'll be at Arizona for the rest of his life. They go above .500, they're happy.

Is Dave Brandon the type of AD who will demand position coaching changes from his Head Coach? I'd like to think he is. If so, I bet it's only Funk, though it should be Borges, and the new OC gets quite a bit of control over his position coaches.

He'll be at Arizona for the rest of his life. They go above .500, they're happy.

Is Dave Brandon the type of AD who will demand position coaching changes from his Head Coach? I'd like to think he is. If so, I bet it's only Funk, though it should be Borges, and the new OC gets quite a bit of control over his position coaches.

If I got paid a whole buncha loot to live in Tucson, I'd likely be there the rest of my life too(hangin' with Jojo; I wouldn't leave; I wouldn't get back to where I once belonged; fuck Paul McCartney).

I don't know what kinda AD Brandon is going to be; and I would imagine, at this point, he doesn't either...

"At the postgame presser, he said he liked the play calling."

That is really troubling! What game was he watching? Did anyone ask him what the problem is? Why his team has gotten negative yardage the last two games? And when he says it is because the OL is so young, can someone please ask him what he plans to adjust to take that into account for the rest of the season so that his frickin O can move the ball and maybe have a chance to score some touchdowns? Please.

I think Brandon, the control freak and corporate guy, would tell hoke Borges has to go

I think it should be Borges and funk

Ps Brandon's way s the only way and it is about the brand

He has had some other coaches leave as he came in

Look on the bright side. At least we had 19 recruits on the sideline while the fans booed. That's the kind of experience that makes you want to come back for more.

Look on the bright side. At least we had 19 recruits on the sideline while the fans booed. That's the kind of experience that makes you want to come back for more.

Maybe all of those recruits are realistic and realized the booing was deserved? Then they realized they could be the saviors of the program! Boom!

Maybe all of those recruits are realistic and realized the booing was deserved? Then they realized they could be the saviors of the program! Boom!

If that sort of thinking motivated recruits, ND woulda returned to glory ages ago.

If that sort of thinking motivated recruits, ND woulda returned to glory ages ago.

Yeah I'm just being sarcastic about everything that has to do with this football program.

At least our team is making the argument for college football players not getting paid.

"At the postgame presser, he said he liked the play calling."

That is really troubling! What game was he watching? Did anyone ask him what the problem is? Why his team has gotten negative yardage the last two games? And when he says it is because the OL is so young, can someone please ask him what he plans to adjust to take that into account for the rest of the season so that his frickin O can move the ball and maybe have a chance to score some touchdowns? Please.

Anybody who thinks Brady Hoke is going to sit in a press conference and say anything that isn't complimentary of his offensive coordinator hasn't been paying attention the last three years. Whether he's telling the truth or not is another question, but I would expect nothing less from Hoke than to say he liked the play calling.

Well, I hope they were booing the OC...it was a stupid play call, beyond stupid

they need to replace the OC, the OL coach, and the RB coach.

Back