Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Monty fired

everyoneneedsasmil

Woj reports that Monty Williams is being fired, with the decision coming from ownership.

Good riddance. Guy didn't want to develop the youngsters, couldn't build even a passable system on either end of the floor, and just looked uninterested all season. At least Gores is willing to own the mistake and fix it.

Can't believe they did it. But Monty is probably fine he's getting paid a ton.

He intentionally sabotaged the season. Got his wish which was to effectively steal money from detroit

Can't believe they did it. But Monty is probably fine he's getting paid a ton.

It came down to Gores. Do you let Monty waste another year or two of your time or do you eat 65 million?

Because he was going to go for another encore this year until they had the nerve to fire him.

I'm sure you guys are thrilled about this. I'm just curious why they waited all this time? A number of the main head coaching candidates have already been hired, some were hired just as assistants. Like Darvin Ham and Jeff Van Gundy.

I'm sure you guys are thrilled about this. I'm just curious why they waited all this time? A number of the main head coaching candidates have already been hired, some were hired just as assistants. Like Darvin Ham and Jeff Van Gundy.
Ham & Gundy we do not need.

Ham & Gundy we do not need.

Lol I don't disagree, but who are you going to get?

Actually, maybe this decision coincides with the end of the NBA Finals.... Y'all are hiring Sam Cassell.

Lol I don't disagree, but who are you going to get?

Actually, maybe this decision coincides with the end of the NBA Finals.... Y'all are hiring Sam Cassell.
We? Aren't you a Cavaliers fan? Anyway maybe Cassell, or Borrego, or Sweeney and about half dozen other guys. Hard to know at this point.

It doesn't matter. Unless the owner overpays again, the Pistons aren't going to get a good established coach. Nobody in their right mind would want to coach this shitty team. My guess is they hire some assistant.

saw this today. A proposed trade for Cade.

I tend to agree. I don't think Cade is a guy you build around...definitely not worth $50M a year.

saw this today. A proposed trade for Cade.

I tend to agree. I don't think Cade is a guy you build around...definitely not worth $50M a year.

Maybe for Vasaell. Johnson is a mediocre shooter and bad defender.

Back