Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Most Loyal Team Ever: Tigers reacquire Daniel Schlereth in trade with Pirates

I think Dombrowski is just fucking with us now. Either that or he has let his kid make all the decisions.

Most loyal team?

The Red Wings might have something to say about that, they are considering bringing back Dan Cleary even though he has been cooked as a player for 2 years now.

Hold on now ... maybe DD is concocting a deal that gets Fister back for Schlertrh (sic), Romine and Kelly.

Most loyal team?

The Red Wings might have something to say about that, they are considering bringing back Dan Cleary even though he has been cooked as a player for 2 years now.

At least be has had some success. The only comparison would be if Cleary, midseason, had no points and a -60 and we traded for him.

Hold on now ... maybe DD is concocting a deal that gets Fister back for Schlertrh (sic), Romine and Kelly.

This.

How dare we all judge this trade already? It takes years to know if a trade is good or not.

DD obviously knows what he's doin', all of us 'haters' are going to look awfully stupid when Schlereth is on the 40-man roster again!

DD might as well bring Purcey, Pauley, Perry, Thomas and the Knight of Fu Te-Ni back, and have a rroundtable reunion of shitty former Tiger RPs...Ni! Ni!! Ni!!!

Last edited:
No...he is placing extreme value on LOOGYs. Keep in mind Coke and Schlereth were acquired in the same deal. And DET at the time thought Coke would turn into a good starter. Hmmm...that sounds familiar.

No...he is placing extreme value on LOOGYs. Keep in mind Coke and Schlereth were acquired in the same deal. And DET at the time thought Coke would turn into a good starter. Hmmm...that sounds familiar.

So you're saying Coke was the center piece of that trade????

Whoever DD is listening to as for player evaluations, scouting, and DD for continuing to listen to these brainless farts, need to be sent packing.

This kid blew for what seemed like the whole time he was with the Tigers before.
and iirc he also had some surgery on his arm.

Next surgery should be DD getting a lobotomy and a toupee with some brains in it.

edit;
After coming home, reading this and calming down, I am hoping that Schlereth is just going to fill in for the Erie or Toledo teams after the promotions of LHP's.

Last edited:
Pirates GM: "Hey Dave, I know you love you some lefties, so I have Daniel "Kid Kodiak" Schlereth on the block if you're interested".

Dave Dombrowski: "Oh yeah, Schlereth, I remember that kid. Left hander, no control, slider my crosseyed kid could hit 400 feet, oh, and that one time he lied in spring training and hid his injury so he could make the ballclub rather than toil in AAA. Yeah, I definitely want him back".

Pirates GM: "Good, because I put him on a bus 4 hours ago".

Dave Dombrowski: "Sweet, but let's not tell people what I gave up for him yet okay? I'm still getting a little lukewarm reception on that awesome deal that landed me Ray and Krol for that lanky guy that got hit in the head that time LOL".

that lanky guy that got hit in the head that time LOL".

I lost is when I read that!!! :lmao:

Is it just me, or when Schlereth pitched for the Tigers did it ever seemed like his uniform fit him right? It always seemed a size too big. I could never figure that out, but that is what I remember him by.

"Future considerations," according to Baseball Reference, "almost always mean that [a player's] contract was sold for an amount of cash too inconsequential to be worthy of mention."

Back