Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

No discussion on Trump assassination attempt?

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
The fk, shot in the ear they almost got him. One died and gunman is dead.

The way this was reported on Saturday was weird. Initially, I got a notification on my phone that said, "Trump evacuated due to loud noise at rally." Then I got a notification that said "Gunshots go off at Trump's rally." So I finally looked it up, then I'm immediately seeing pictures of his bloody ear. It took a lot time for anyone to report that it was an assassination attempt.

Something isn't right about the whole situation. Not sure what Secret Service was doing. Also seemed really odd the way they tried to be human shields for him as they tried to take him off the stage. That's normal, but it just seemed like they did a very poor job shielding him then, given that his head was still in plain view.

The way this was reported on Saturday was weird. Initially, I got a notification on my phone that said, "Trump evacuated due to loud noise at rally." Then I got a notification that said "Gunshots go off at Trump's rally." So I finally looked it up, then I'm immediately seeing pictures of his bloody ear. It took a lot time for anyone to report that it was an assassination attempt.

Something isn't right about the whole situation. Not sure what Secret Service was doing. Also seemed really odd the way they tried to be human shields for him as they tried to take him off the stage. That's normal, but it just seemed like they did a very poor job shielding him then, given that his head was still in plain view.
What they didn't do was secure the area well. 150 feet and clear view.. It was some of the patrons that notified them first before he shot .. and still were too late. Scary though. DSF has some of the dumbest political conversations yet nothing on this.. Surprises me.

What they didn't do was secure the area well. 150 feet and clear view.. It was some of the patrons that notified them first before he shot .. and still were too late. Scary though. DSF has some of the dumbest political conversations yet nothing on this.. Surprises me.

Which leads us to the obvious question. Was it an inside job? Could Secret Service really be that incompetent about this?

Which leads us to the obvious question. Was it an inside job? Could Secret Service really be that incompetent about this?
I sure hope not. But someone failed.

Many of the posters who would be chiming in are gone.

So, history repeats, in a way. Another president shot with a high-powered rifle in broad daylight by a three-named misfit because of an unacceptable lax in USSS protection. The TSBD should have been secured on 11/22/1963 and wasn't. This whole incident on 7/13/2024 is suspect. That outbuilding that the sniper climbed should have already been manned with LEOs, FBI, or USSS. That's protocol.

And how did the shooter know that that building was going to be unguarded? Did the local police officer who climbed the roof and drew the barrel of the shooter's rifle away from Trump not have a RADIO? A loud voice? A plan of engagement before he scaled the building wall? A gun to shoot him with from the ground?

By the way, I do not consider it a coincidence that Trump survived the attempt, given the date of occurrence. (And also see my signature).

Last edited:
Byco isn’t wrong, the board doesn’t feel that user friendly to me.

I’m glad Trump survived.

I hope the fossil who is the current POTUS makes it to early November.

Not gonna vote for either one.

I’m glad Trump survived.

I hope the fossil who is the current POTUS makes it to early November.

Not gonna vote for either one.

It's of zero consolation to me that the FBI is conducting an investigation into the shooting. Ironically, with the scope and scale of information technology, we will never know what really occurred that day.

Our government will still tell us, though, and no one of importance will face accountability. I expect that should Trump be elected, he might scrape to the bottom of the kettle, which is what the entire government infrastructure desperately needs.

Of this, I'm not very confident.

It took the FBI 5 HOURS to reveal the identity of the shooter. They likely needed that time to scrub his social accounts, and to turn this affair into a limited hangout. We are non-essential personnel to government; chattel; tillers on the Taxation Without Representation Gulag Disguised as a Sovereign Nation.

Last edited:
2 hour(s) ago
PINNED

FBI interviews local officer who saw Trump rally gunman but retreated​

The FBI investigation into the attempted assassination of former President Trump is honing in on the response from local law enforcement.

Sources tell Fox News that FBI agents are interviewing members of local law enforcement, specifically the officer who saw shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks armed, but retreated away from the building. Crooks opened fire literally seconds later, according to law enforcement sources.

There is great frustration in the law enforcement community over the actions of this officer, sources familiar say.
Butler County Sheriff Michael Slupe said in interviews with local media that a county deputy confronted Crooks moments before the shooting but ducked for cover when he peered above the edge of the roof and the killer turned the gun on him.

"The officer had both hands up on the roof to get up onto the roof, [and] never made it because the shooter had turned towards the officer, and rightfully and smartfully, the officer let go," he told KDKA-TV.

I guess the police aren't sworn to give up their lives to the POTUS.

Director Cheadle says that roof the shooter shot from was unsafe for agents to occupy BECAUSE OF THE SLOPE.

"That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there's a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn't want to put somebody up on a sloped roof," she told ABC News in an interview Tuesday.

"And so, you know, the decision was made to secure the building, from inside."

The pitch of the roof from which Crooks shot is approx 4 degrees.

Meanwhile the Secret Service snipers who ventilated Crook WERE SHOOTING FROM A SLOPED ROOF. WITH A SLOPE OF 14 DEGREES!

And what does it even mean to "secure the building from the inside?" Why not post police AROUND THE PERIMETER OF THE BUILDING SO NO ONE CAN CLIMB ON THE ROOF?

Here she has signed her own dismissal papers ... except: Mayorkas has "100-percent confidence" in the Secret Service and in Director Cheadle. THREE DAYS AFTER SOMEONE UNDER ITS PROTECTION WAS SHOT!

Maybe it's because she did her job in carrying out orders from above.

Last edited:
Many of the posters who would be chiming in are gone.

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm personally just not interested in having the same debates over and over that we've had in the last 8 years. It's nothing against you guys, but nothing changes and it's just not worth the energy.

It also doesn't help that this is primiarily a sports board (for me, anyways) and the two teams worth talking about are in their offseason. Usually I pop in the political section because I was already here reading/chatting about sports.

Hope y'all are well, regardless of who you're voting for.

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm personally just not interested in having the same debates over and over that we've had in the last 8 years. It's nothing against you guys, but nothing changes and it's just not worth the energy.

It also doesn't help that this is primiarily a sports board (for me, anyways) and the two teams worth talking about are in their offseason. Usually I pop in the political section because I was already here reading/chatting about sports.

Doing my part to resuscitate the board; I'm losing hope.

Sloped roof is dangerous (snort), so are 5'2" women trying to protect a 6'2" man.

We haven’t really had the chance to discuss Hillbilly Ellegy before…

So that’s kinda new…

I haven’t seen hillbilly ellegy yet don’t know when or if I will. I’ve noticed so far however some on the left have morphed into their own version of Alex jones now though.

I haven’t seen hillbilly ellegy yet don’t know when or if I will. I’ve noticed so far however some on the left have morphed into their own version of Alex jones now though.
Keith Olbermann is the banner carrier of the "false flag" movement.

The best part of the movie is when JD and his bride to be Usha meet at a train station and break out into a classic group dance, the very last scene of the movie.

A string of coincidences?
  1. Crooks appeared in a Blackrock ad in 2020. LINK
  2. DJT stock was shorted by several investors in the days preceding the assassination attempt. LINK
  3. Among the "shorters?" Austin Private Wealth, with ties to the Bushes, Soros, and ... Blackrock. It wagered 12,000,000 shares on the short. It lost. (APW is calling it a "clerical error") EXCEPT : APW ALSO shorted 34,000,000 shares of RUMBLE on the EXACT SAME DAY. Is this ALSO a "clerical error?"
  4. The MSM rarely if ever covers Trump rallies ... ALL of them were covering this one on July 13.
  5. Trump essentially got the "C" team on that day to protect him, including women who looked completely flustered and rattled, and Cheadle is "offended" that people are questioning the hiring practices of the USSS solely for the purpose of increasing the number of women in the ranks. (opinion) It's not a matter of hiring women; it's a matter of hiring women to will do their damn job.
  6. Crooks, a 20-year old young adult male, has very little social media history. That's like saying that a 20-year-old young adult male in 1977 has no record collection. Here's one of many cover stories that follows the "loner, bullied, introvert, misfit narrative from the government's own media source. (opinion) The FBI scrubbed his social footprint.
I think Crooks is a patsy of the same Cabal that has run things for 100+ years, and we don't know their names.

Trump says he will end the war in Ukraine "in 24 hours." He will definitely end US funding and likely demand payment of what Ukraine has extorted from Biden. This is unacceptable to a VC like Blackrock, which has invested heavily in the companies that make war stuff for profit.

So the powers that shouldn't be attempted to recreate the JFK assignation with a live ritual blood sacrifice to remind our so-called representatives that they are simply fools "dancing on the strings of big shots." (pun intended)

We have to look past the minutia of the assassination attempt. It was clearly a setup, inside job. We have to continue to press our "leaders" to reject this Cabal that runs our lives and profits from the efforts. We have allowed this and we allow them to distract us with sports, entertainment, gadgets, popular culture (research Tavistock) ... anything to divert their attention from "them" (Davos, CFR, WEF, TLC, NATO, UN ... hundreds of front organizations that preach peace and foment unrest and misery).

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world - no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

Do you know who said this? Woodrow Wilson in his book titled: A CALL FOR THE EMANCIPATION OF THE GENEROUS ENERGIES OF A PEOPLE, 1913.

'Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." Ibid.

Wilson has his faults, but at least he was willing to share this information with us. But we were more concerned of getting that house in the suburbs.

Last edited:
Back