Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT first time to the big house

yeah, that's what we would usually do.

not sure how old edmolen12 is, but he may or may not enjoy the walk along S. State street dodging drunk college kids... so cabbing it back to the hotel could be a necessity if he takes the lady out for a night on the town after.

Cabs are necessary if you go out afterwards. My fiance' and I usually go and enjoy some whiskey at Blue Tractor/Mash after games. Always a good time.

yeah, that's what we would usually do.

not sure how old edmolen12 is, but he may or may not enjoy the walk along S. State street dodging drunk college kids... so cabbing it back to the hotel could be a necessity if he takes the lady out for a night on the town after.

If they want the whole game day experience walking on State with the drunk college kids is an absolute MUST.

If they want the whole game day experience walking on State with the drunk college kids is an absolute MUST.

agreed, but that's why I said at night, if they go out.

nothing would ruin a romantic date night out following the game more than a mile walk down State St. back to the hotel, dodging surly undergrads and puke on the sidewalk.

Forget about taking a cab... Download the uber app on your phone and use that. Cheaper, faster and a more comfortable ride.

I did it for the first time after the Manchester United - Real Madrid game. We walked to campus after the game and had dinner at the real seafood co. Called three different cab companies and they all quoted 45 minutes - one hour wait.... I waited 4 minutes for uber and we were on our way! The fare was $13 on a PayPal account.

Uber is good but I wouldn't say cheaper than cabs. But better, yes.

More importantly, WHAT UP JEVER?!?!

Uber is good but I wouldn't say cheaper than cabs. But better, yes.

More importantly, WHAT UP JEVER?!?!

Hey brother! Can't believe it's college football eve already... I have to knock the rust off my posting prowess. I'm sure champ will have a snarky comment soon ;-)

What's up witchew?

GO BLUE!

I second the Uber suggestion. Far better than cabs and they are actually cheaper than cabs in Indy. Not sure about Ann Arbor as I have not used Uber there.

Back