Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT That Time of Year! Introducing the 1st Annual

I again lobby for Trading Places to be categorized as a Christmas / Holiday movie......if only for the scene when Aykroyd, dressed as Santa, ALL fucked up on the bus....pulls out the big salmon he stole from the Xmas party, and starts shoving it in his mouth along with his beard.......great scene.

I'll watch parts of all the classics ONCE every year, but ELF seems to get the most repeat viewings with a 9 and 5 year old.

Agreed. I second the notion that Trading places is a Christmas movie. Can we get a third.

Its a Wonderful Life
Christmas Carol (The Disney cartoon version)
Rudolph, my absolute favorite
Santa Clause, the first one not the lame ass other two
Christmas Story
National Lampoons and a few others I can't recall at the moment

Man, people apparently hate Home Alone around these parts. I didn't realize it was such a controversial pick. Every kid of the 80's, I thought, loved that movie because it was like the big thing when we were kids.

I mightest well gay it up and mention Nightmare Before Christmas.. Tremendous movie, and I'm not even ashamed to like it..

josh200612 said:
Forgot about A Christmas Story even though I watch the Marathon every year lol. Muppets I haven't seen in years might have to go out and buy it.

Just remember to light the lamp, not the rat...light the LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

So tough to choose a favorite...

Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story

Those are my top 2...well for the moment

Muppets Christmas Carol
Mickey's Christmas Carol (very under-rated version))
Rudolph
Nightmare Before Christmas (fwiw, adding this to the list by previous poster was not "gaying it up" - though I've seen some who treat this movie to a Trekkies level of fanaticism...which can be a bit, shall we say, intense lol)

All solid choices in my book.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Home Alone was great. Christmas Vacation is my favorite though.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why people jumped all over me for saying it was?

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Home Alone was great. Christmas Vacation is my favorite though.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why people jumped all over me for saying it was?

Well, I was just joking... but some people seemed to have a real problem with it.

the house from the movie is in the north suburbs of chicago. it was in the news a year ago or something like that because it recently sold.

this guy I know had a picture of him in front of that house screaming like Macauley culkin in the movie as his facebook pic for a while.

for the record: I liked that movie too... as a kid. not anymore though. grow up, dork.

This was supposed to be a nice holiday thread, and you guys are just messing it up!

Whatever happened to peace, and good will, and shit like that?

I will vote for Trading Places to count as a christmas movie.

Home alone was great, but has lost it's lust on me.

MichChamp02 said:
Anybody remember the Claymation Christmas from the 80's? It was a TV special; I think it came out in '88 or so.

I remember we taped it on a freaking VHS tape, and then wore the thing out watching it over the years.

[flash=350,287:wsa09meh]http://www.youtube.com/v/Gs--phzj2TQ&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:wsa09meh]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

[flash=350,287:wsa09meh]http://www.youtube.com/v/I_P0SaPmV3c&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:wsa09meh]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

It's a Wonderful Life is my favorite, but my family also watched a TV taped copy of this claymation thing some unreasonable number of times. There was a time when "I lost mine" spoken like the bell was a recognizable quote in our house.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]This was supposed to be a nice holiday thread, and you guys are just messing it up!

The George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol is the best version and anyone who says otherwise is clearly a communist buckeye sympathizer.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]This was supposed to be a nice holiday thread, and you guys are just messing it up!

This is why we can't have nice things around here! Damn kids always breaking things!

Oh, sorry! Drifted back to my childhood there for a moment.

Back