Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peralta

michiganalex

He should b back for the playoffs. I remember some saying that he won't be on the playoff roster. I don't see y hew shouldn't b. Having him instead of santiago provides depth. Especially if something happens to cabrera, infante or inglesias

If he hasnt been working out on his own while he's been out (and ive seen no indications that he has been), then santiago would be a better option than a very rusty peralta.

from all indications ive seen, he wont be coming back, unless maybe someone gets injured.

His suspension is up with 3 games left in the regular season. I haven't heard any indication what the tigers plan on doing at that time.

Can he play anywhere besides SS? Because I want Iggy playing SS.

Infact there is no where for him to play. Infante, Iggy & Miggy.

Do you want him to take over a roster spot for someone else? Who?

Last edited:
Me personally I'll take Ramon for a couple reasons, he didn't do peds. And he can play more positions than ped boy.

Hard to tell if the Tigers will attempt to create an opening for Jhonny to return to the team near the end of the regular season, then be added to their potential playoff roster, but IF Miggy continues to ail throughout the remainder of the season, then I could see a "big" reason why they might be more inclined to do so. Not sure how they will handle his eligibility to return with only ~3 games remaining, other than maybe removing one of the call-ups from September roster expansion, or ? DFA? Give Peralta his outright release?

And he can play more positions than ped boy.

False. Unless you count that Ramon is supposed to be an emergency, emergency, catcher after Kelly.

Peralta can play SS and 2B naturally, and was a 3B when he was traded to us from Cleveland, because Asdrubal had taken over SS.

Also it's not about where he might play, but if he might pinch hit, or become a substitution after a pinch hit.

In the end he most likely wont be asked back because his biggest impact would be the distraction and questions the media would raise, and it's impact on the clubhouse.

We have seen the last of Jhonny in a Tigers uniform.

Need a 2nd DH spot to find room for Peralta. The ONLY way (and I think it's a bad idea) that I see him cracking a post season lineup would be moving Victor to C and DHing Peralta. There isn't a chance in hell that happens.

I'd be surprised if they bring him back for the playoffs, I think he's done for good in detroit, he'll be playing with someone else next year, prolly a team in div of course

Peralta has never played 2B in the major leagues.

If I were Dombrowski, I would pay Peralta to stay home those last three games.
If infielder injuries are not a concern at the end of September, I (Dave) would pay Peralta to stay home for the playoffs and give him his rightful share of playoffs money..... even a World Series ring.

The Union will demand Jhonny be paid for the regular season games remaining. The Union will also likely win any arbitration to pay Peralta playoffs money.

So Dombrowski just needs to stay quiet and humble regarding Peralta and just pay the man and not bid on his services this winter.

Peralta has never played 2B in the major leagues.

No he hasn't. But that's irrelevant, as 2B is considered an easier position, and without a doubt every SS in the majors can also play 2B.

Austin Jackson has never played right or left field, but does anyone have any question he could do so, and do so pretty well?

I'm fine with whatever decision they make...but if it were me I'd probably put him on the roster. You never know what happens for injuries (Jeter in last year's playoffs). God forbid if Miggy went down at least Peralta could play short and Iggy could play 3rd and Peralta would still be a bigger bat in this line up. And even if you don't have an injury you might need a pinch hit homer late in a game, etc.

But I actually think the Tigers will be done with him and he won't be on the playoff roster...unless an injury happens before the playoffs.

I'm fine with whatever decision they make...but if it were me I'd probably put him on the roster. You never know what happens for injuries (Jeter in last year's playoffs). God forbid if Miggy went down at least Peralta could play short and Iggy could play 3rd and Peralta would still be a bigger bat in this line up. And even if you don't have an injury you might need a pinch hit homer late in a game, etc.

But I actually think the Tigers will be done with him and he won't be on the playoff roster...unless an injury happens before the playoffs.

You don't move Iglesias from SS, you move Peralta. But regardless, playoff rosters are modified all the time during the playoffs, especially when an injury occurs. So really the question is whether he is on the initial roster, which I doubt.

Who you drop for him? I don't see anyone. Especially it'd be DD saying its okay to bring back ped boy but drop a guy who has been clean. I don't think that's happening plus the guy being dropped would most likely have to clear waivers.

And yeah, Iggy would be the SS even if ped boy comes back..

Who you drop for him? I don't see anyone. Especially it'd be DD saying its okay to bring back ped boy but drop a guy who has been clean. I don't think that's happening plus the guy being dropped would most likely have to clear waivers.

And yeah, Iggy would be the SS even if ped boy comes back..

Mitch. Playoff rosters are different than regular season. No One has to clear waivers if they are left off.

miggy's helath is one reason y i think peralta should be on the roster. somebody said something about rust for peralta, but I can assume peralta is making sure he is still in shape in case the Tigers bring him back. He is better then santiago and should be put in place of Santiago

miggy's helath is one reason y i think peralta should be on the roster. somebody said something about rust for peralta, but I can assume peralta is making sure he is still in shape in case the Tigers bring him back. He is better then santiago and should be put in place of Santiago

I still want the clean guy. Its like saying "even though you cheated, hurt the ball club we'll take you back." Plus, 2nd half Ramon is hitting .300. .313 August.

Last edited:
Back