Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons select..

Anyone know who his agent is.

New guy is as dumb as the Weaver. Hey Langdon.
Pistons need shooters !

I wanted the 7-2 guy who went at 7. But honestly no one really knows who will be good or bad but too many players already who can't shoot. Just waiting on FA. We need a big time player.

This just feels like the worst pick. What does Holland do that Ausar doesn't already do? Has the front office deluded themselves into thinking their shooting coach is going to fix everyone's broken jumpers in one offseason?

The front office has somehow found a way to make me want to watch even less next year.

I’m surprised it wasn’t Buzelis. They took the other G-Leaguer instead.

This just feels like the worst pick. What does Holland do that Ausar doesn't already do? Has the front office deluded themselves into thinking their shooting coach is going to fix everyone's broken jumpers in one offseason?

The front office has somehow found a way to make me want to watch even less next year.
Nothing wrong with two guys that are similar. and they need a SF in the worse way. Maybe our new shooting coach can help him and Ausar.

ESPN article. Biggest surprises of the first round:

Detroit pulled off the first surprising move of Round 1, selecting Holland, ESPN's No. 13 prospect, with the No. 5 pick.

The fact the Pistons selected Holland -- at one point projected to be the No. 1 pick in the draft, and ESPN's No. 2 recruit coming out of high school, was not as surprising as Holland's fit on their current roster. Detroit made fewer 3s than any team in the NBA last season, while also ranking among the worst teams in the league in 3-point percentage.

It seems like the Pistons' roster will need some retooling to get Holland the reps he needs to reach his potential as such a high draft pick, as they struggled to space the floor around Cade Cunningham last season, but they do have ample cap room to continue to make significant changes with a new president of basketball operations and coach in place as they likely begin another rebuilding process.

Same ESPN article. Best pick of the night

Woo: Donovan Clingan to the Portland Trail Blazers at No. 7.

Clingan was a player most teams regarded as a top talent in this draft and a potential long-term cornerstone rim-protector. The way the lottery ended up shaking out -- with none of the teams selecting between No. 3 and No. 6 harboring a need for a center -- benefited the Trail Blazers greatly, as he wound up falling into their laps.

From both a value and fit perspective, this was a huge win for Portland, a team that has been building around smaller guards for the past few seasons and will need a defensive presence behind them to make that work. We'll see what this means for returning centers Deandre Ayton and Robert Williams III.

Holland is athetic and is solid on defense and does many good things. Shooting from three isn't one but I think he can be a good player for us. Just get a shooter or two in free agency..

Back