Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Round Two Dream Pick

inkfreq

I'm not a big fan of trading up in a draft, but with the loaded pool of talent still left in round two, I'd like to see the Lions package maybe a 5th and a 7th to move up high enough and select Peter Konz, the C. from Wisconsin.

If that is not possible, I'd love to see Jenoris Jenkins or Trumane Johnson, but we've brought in our future tackle (Schwartz seems to think Reiff is all LT) and the other gaping hole on our line is the Mighty Morphin Power Midget.

Imagine improving the line with two of those corn fed farm boys in the same draft, both work horses who just like to smash helmets.

As much as I'd like a guy like Cordy Glenn, I think a center is a much more pressing need. I can't handle seeing Riola's ass collapsing the pocket for another season.

There's actually a ton of guys I still really like on the board. I hope Mayhew and Co. move up and grab one.

There are lots of guys on the board that I like and a huge number of ways the draft could go. I'd be pretty happy if we ended up taking Riley Reiff, Janoris Jenkins, Ben Jones, then Jared Crick. I think all those guys have first round talent, and that would give us a starting OT, CB, C and DE.

If the team is going to make moves, I'd much rather see something like this:

Trade a 2nd and a 5th to move up and take CB Jenoris Jenkins in the early 2nd.
Trade a 3rd and a 7th to move up and take S Brandon Taylor in the early 3rd.
Take RB Chris Polk in the 4th
Take C Bob Hebert in the 7th
Sign DE Adewale Ojomo as an undrafted free agent

Talent wise I would want Jenkins but he red flags do worry me especially with the offseason we have had. In a pipe dream to really fix the OL I would like Glenn or Konz. I really like the plan our staff has had. Just think 3 years ago we were the worst team in NFL history and now we have some real talent and getting better.

If the team is going to make moves, I'd much rather see something like this:

Trade a 2nd and a 5th to move up and take CB Jenoris Jenkins in the early 2nd.
Trade a 3rd and a 7th to move up and take S Brandon Taylor in the early 3rd.
Take RB Chris Polk in the 4th
Take C Bob Hebert in the 7th
Sign DE Adewale Ojomo as an undrafted free agent

I don't see Brandon Taylor lasting til the 3rd. Next best Safety on the board IMO.
Hopefully but I just don't see it.

There's a lot of CB and Oline talent on the board but being positions of great need. I can't wait to see how round 2 shakes out.

I've never been so excited about a round 2 before. That's usually where you grab a solid starter, but there are a lot of guys there with the talent to be Pro-Bowlers in short order.

Should make for an exciting second round.

Couldn't agree more Ink. It's gonna be interesting to see which direction the Lions go. They could really booster that Oline or add some secondary help. Hell, maybe even RB. We all know how they love second round Rb's.

According to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora, North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins is "very hot" heading into the second round of the draft.

Several teams are looking to trade up for Jenkins, which LaCanfora believes could lead to a team like the Ravens trading down one more time. A shutdown corner in the SEC two years ago, Jenkins is easily the most talented player available on Friday. In addition to Jenkins, Rotoworld's Evan Silva lists WR Rueben Randle, TE Coby Fleener, DE Courtney Upshaw, G/T Cordy Glenn, DT Devon Still, OG Amini Silatolu, OT Jonathan Martin, C/G Peter Konz, and CB Brandon Boykin as the top 10 players available

According to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora, North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins is "very hot" heading into the second round of the draft.

Several teams are looking to trade up for Jenkins, which LaCanfora believes could lead to a team like the Ravens trading down one more time. A shutdown corner in the SEC two years ago, Jenkins is easily the most talented player available on Friday. In addition to Jenkins, Rotoworld's Evan Silva lists WR Rueben Randle, TE Coby Fleener, DE Courtney Upshaw, G/T Cordy Glenn, DT Devon Still, OG Amini Silatolu, OT Jonathan Martin, C/G Peter Konz, and CB Brandon Boykin as the top 10 players available

stay put, take BPA

Jenkins paid his price and collectivley the NFL gave him a little spanking...can't see him being around long in round 2.

but then...I didn't see either DeCastro or Reiff there at 23.

Back