Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Round Two Dream Pick

I would like a CB or another OL IF they aren't a reach, I trust MM and Co. to do the right thing..

Renald how did you come to be a Detroit Lions fan in OKC? Are you a hipster who likes them because they're not too mainstream as your avatar suggests.

We don't want to scare the seldom poster off, he might not return..

No we will not draft a DB for the sake of drafting one that is Millen-speak. i.e. Jordan Dizon.

Josh robinson or brandon taylor for me...theres ao many good options I dont really see the need to move up. At the worst you miss out on robinson, taylor, jenkins, tru johnson and you end up picking your starting rg for the next 10 years.

Side note..the drafts been nuts with all the des falling. Imagine a team like san diego who couldnt eveb sniff the opposing qb last year get melvin ingram in the 1st and could move up and get upshaw in the 2nd....crazy!

Assuming we don't trade up (which I would advocate in order to land Jenkins or Glenn), I hope we grab Brandon Boykin. From a stats perspective, the kid dominated opposing WRs in the SEC. He's small, and that may limit his matchups down the line, but he is fast as hell and has tremendous instincts.

Moreover, he's a great returner. If he isn't a starter opposite Houston right away, he could still improve our starting field position.

Why are all the Josh Robinsons and Brandon Boykins of the world jumping Casey Hayward if we stay where we are?

Renald how did you come to be a Detroit Lions fan in OKC? Are you a hipster who likes them because they're not too mainstream as your avatar suggests.

Hey cheeno bro, don't forget I'm a Lions fan in Arizona. Born and raised in Detroit, but transplanted here 20 some years ago.

And chekc my Avatar... don't I look hipster too? hehe

Assuming we don't trade up (which I would advocate in order to land Jenkins or Glenn), I hope we grab Brandon Boykin. From a stats perspective, the kid dominated opposing WRs in the SEC. He's small, and that may limit his matchups down the line, but he is fast as hell and has tremendous instincts.

Moreover, he's a great returner. If he isn't a starter opposite Houston right away, he could still improve our starting field position.

between everything I've read of yours on here and over in the Pistons forum, you and I seem to evaluate talent and look at building teams very similar my friend

Why are all the Josh Robinsons and Brandon Boykins of the world jumping Casey Hayward if we stay where we are?

i like Boykins, but you're right. i'd take Hayward over him.

Hayward and then hope one of the safeties fall to us in the 3rd.

Hey cheeno bro, don't forget I'm a Lions fan in Arizona. Born and raised in Detroit, but transplanted here 20 some years ago.

And chekc my Avatar... don't I look hipster too? hehe

HAHAHA...Yeah you are a regular Elvis Costello, Ink.

The reason why I was asking is because I know we have posters on this board from all over. Most are transplants from one time or another. But a Lions fan with an Avatar like that and living in OKC? The guy must have one hell of an origin story.

Last edited:

Josh Robinson has been my pick since Jan (granted back then it was in the 3rd rd)....so its not that i dislike Hayward but just kinda cool if I get a pick right :D

The 4.3 speed from robinson is undeniable though and sets him apart from the other guys imo. To say hes 4.3 is one thing but in watching videos of him it shows on the field as well. We put a lot of our CBs on an island in hopes the Dline can get to the qb and it doesnt always work out that way. Robinsons closing speed once the ball is in the air is 2nd to none.

HAHAHA...Yeah you are a regular Elvis Costello, Ink.

The reason why I was asking is because I know we have posters on this board from all over. Most are transplants from one time or another. But a Lions fan with an Avatar like that and living in OKC? The guy must have one hell of an origin story.

Yeah, but I love his avatar. The IT Crowd is one of my favorite shows. Complete comedy, especially for people like me... IT Directors.

My Google+ account bio simply reads "IT Department, have ya tried turning' it off an' turning' it back on again?"

Yeah, but I love his avatar. The IT Crowd is one of my favorite shows. Complete comedy, especially for people like me... IT Directors.

My Google+ account bio simply reads "IT Department, have ya tried turning' it off an' turning' it back on again?"

Yeah I'm a fan.

Back