Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rumor: AJax for Gardner?!?!?

Could be, but we don;t have to resign Ajax for 2 years, if at all.

But make this trade and we're looking for a FA/trade CF to go along with replacing Hunter after next season. It really makes no sense at all, which is probably why DD is doing it.

But make this trade and we're looking for a FA/trade CF to go along with replacing Hunter after next season. It really makes no sense at all, which is probably why DD is doing it.

Hannibal: I love it when a plan comes together!

I kinda like the shake up. Shows accountability. How much did it help to have the highest payroll in baseball?...fielder and ajax both flopped. I coulda have hit better than ajax in the playoffs and I never hit a baseball in my life lol. Dude sucks...its time to stop the "he has a lot of potential" talk and realize he is what he is.....a 8 or 9 hitter hitting lead off that closes his eyes and swings at everything and once a month he gets lucky and hits it out. Bye bye...thanks for nothing.

I kinda like the shake up. Shows accountability. How much did it help to have the highest payroll in baseball?...fielder and ajax both flopped. I coulda have hit better than ajax in the playoffs and I never hit a baseball in my life lol. Dude sucks...its time to stop the "he has a lot of potential" talk and realize he is what he is.....a 8 or 9 hitter hitting lead off that closes his eyes and swings at everything and once a month he gets lucky and hits it out. Bye bye...thanks for nothing.

How about Fister? No accOuntability there.

*Puff Puff Pass*

As far as the accountability: Yeah, let's teach Ajax a lesson about accountability by making a trade that does not help us, and actually hurts us be taking away a year of a player under contract and send him to the YANKEES!!! that will teach him.

Seriously...accountability?

How about Fister? No accOuntability there.

I see it as we swapped our #4 for a closer. You guys keep seeing it as we swapped an ace for a couple loogys.

Yes we could have got more imo. Yes sp will be worse in 2014. But our bp was awful last year and a number of their contracts were up....time to move on and try to improve it. Probably should have resigned benoit for the 8th...but how do we know if dd talked to him about that or not.

As far as the accountability: Yeah, let's teach Ajax a lesson about accountability by making a trade that does not help us, and actually hurts us be taking away a year of a player under contract and send him to the YANKEES!!! that will teach him.

The guy is our lead off hitter and he can't hit! He can't walk. And therefor he can't get on base....do you guys even listen to yourselves? I had to read posts all year last year of u guys ragging on ajax.....so now there's rumors that he might be traded and you're outraged? Lol...ridiculous.

I see it as we swapped our #4 for a closer. You guys keep seeing it as we swapped an ace for a couple loogys.

Yes we could have got more imo. Yes sp will be worse in 2014. But our bp was awful last year and a number of their contracts were up....time to move on and try to improve it. Probably should have resigned benoit for the 8th...but how do we know if dd talked to him about that or not.

They can sign Babe Ruth right now you don't trade a top twenty SP for a bench guy and some marginal RP.

Maybe they think Daniel Fields will be ready in 2015.

LGRW_9 said:
DOMBROWSKI, IF YOU DO THIS YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF FOREVER IN AN INFINTE LOOP OF FUCKING YOURSELF

Spock, I love ya! You never fail to let us know how you stand on an issue.
(BTW, I agree 100% with you on this one).

lol i do my best.

Last edited:
The guy is our lead off hitter and he can't hit! He can't walk. And therefor he can't get on base....do you guys even listen to yourselves? I had to read posts all year last year of u guys ragging on ajax.....so now there's rumors that he might be traded and you're outraged? Lol...ridiculous.

I'm not outraged. I just think it's stupid. I have no problem trading Ajax or any player on the team, including Cabrera, if it makes sense and we get fair value in return.

Jackson for Gardner makes 0 sense. Gardner is a little better on defense and Ajax has a big power advantage, but other than that the biggest difference is Jackson is under contract for 2 seasons, Gardner for 1. So what is the gain for us? Jackson is the better option considering he's a better hitter, and under contract longer.

And we don't know that he's our leadoff hitter. In fact, it's very likely he won't be and will probably be hitting 6th or 7th.

They can sign Babe Ruth right now you don't trade a top twenty SP for a bench guy and some marginal RP.

You obviously are having a hard time understanding the concept of dumping salary si we can afford a closer. If you do a "fair" trade for fister then we pay those players the 7 mil and we still don't have a closer.

You obviously are having a hard time understanding the concept of dumping salary si we can afford a closer. If you do a "fair" trade for fister then we pay those players the 7 mil and we still don't have a closer.

We dumped 7 million from a SP so we could sign Nathan at 10MM, then Davis at 5MM? Plus we still have to pay Lombotmy, Krol and Ray.

Where do people get the idea we had to dump $7MM in order to spend $15MM+?

I'm willing to bet the Nathan deal would have happened even if the Fister deal had not.

Stop drinking Lynn Hennings (or whatever yes-man sportswriter gave you such a silly idea) kool-aid all the time.

And I have a hard time understanding how dumping one of the top 15 starters in baseball to sign a fucking closer that will give the team much less value and cost more is anything but a terrible fucking idea.

The Tigers basically made the mistake last season by not extending Jackson at a very cost effective contract. By not signing him last season to an extension you basically make it where (being a Boras client) you assure that he will test free agency because as history shows those players (2 years from free agency and Boras clients) tend to test the market to maximize value instead of resigning.

So in all reality you either move him this offseason, trade deadline or next offseason to try and maximize your return because a compensation pick will NOT do that. Same with Scherzer.

The Tigers basically made the mistake last season by not extending Jackson at a very cost effective contract. By not signing him last season to an extension you basically make it where (being a Boras client) you assure that he will test free agency because as history shows those players (2 years from free agency and Boras clients) tend to test the market to maximize value instead of resigning.

So in all reality you either move him this offseason, trade deadline or next offseason to try and maximize your return because a compensation pick will NOT do that. Same with Scherzer.

i dont necessarily have a problem with moving jackson (i agree with your reasoning), but moving him for gardner is an awful idea. i would only pull the trigger on trading ajax if we got a player or players back that fill needs and would be under contract longer.

i dont necessarily have a problem with moving jackson (i agree with your reasoning), but moving him for gardner is an awful idea. i would only pull the trigger on trading ajax if we got a player or players back that fill needs and would be under contract longer.

Yeah I agree the move for Gardner really does NOT make the Tigers MUCH better this season and would obviously make us much worse next season so that trade makes no sense to be honest. But unfortunately with our lack there of options for CF it makes it to where even if we move him to fill a hole we are going to create another hole that is not easily filled with our lack there of talent in the minors. Moving a CF for another CF isn't a likely trade for the most part unless another has a contract they are trying to move. ALA Matt Kemp.

Back