Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Schwartz to Refs "Learn the F'n Rules"

Heard it on TV when it happened.

lol, wondering who the fuck that was.

That was AWESOME!!!! I didn't hear that because I was too busy running around the house kicking everything over and laughing

I also heard it live on TV and was wondering who it was. It's funny that it was Schwartz.

i think they started this year that if the first team that receives the ball in OT kicks a FG the opposing team gets the ball to try to tie or win with a TD. But i think thats for the playoffs.

mhughes0021 said:
i think they started this year that if the first team that receives the ball in OT kicks a FG the opposing team gets the ball to try to tie or win with a TD. But i think thats for the playoffs.

Playoffs only bro. I like the first to score wins.

mhughes0021 said:

correct...just the playoffs

he actually said...."What the fuck? HEY! Learn the fucking rules!"

lol

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]What were they taking their time for?

i don't know. i'm still trying to figure that out. could be that the ref thought there might be a challenge. but schwartz's reaction is legendary.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]What were they taking their time for?

I'm thinking you guys are on the right track with the refs being confused as to when the new overtime rules take effect. The only other thing that I can think of is maybe they were checking to see if Frazier had called time to freeze Hanson.

Did you see Hanson's reaction? Cool. It was like, ho hum another game.

He doesn't know how to react to 3-0.

I love watching Jared Allen lose...

Maybe the zebras were stalling trying to figure out how or if there was any rule they might be able to use, to steal away yet another frantic win by the Lions' on their opening day game on the road, ala '10 vs the Bears @ Soldier Field.

Turok said:
Maybe the zebras were stalling trying to figure out how or if there was any rule they might be able to use, to steal away yet another frantic win by the Lions' on their opening day game on the road, ala '10 vs the Bears @ Soldier Field.

This......I thought for sure they were gonna say minny called time out or something. I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit too critical of refs but it always seems like the Lions draw the short straw.

coel73 said:
That was AWESOME!!!! I didn't hear that because I was too busy running around the house kicking everything over and laughing

As was I. Thanks for the video. Much too much excitement and yelling in my house to hear anything after the field goal.

By the way, Jason Hanson kicks a 50 yard field that would have been good if the posts were moved in 10 feet each and back 5 yards. Then he squeaks in a 30-yarder? I love the man but, damn, he give me a heart attack for 1/2 a second.

Also, Jason Hanson must be awesome because he looks like Nick Lidstrom. Somebody needs to clone these guys.

Back