Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So, how good or bad are teams in tB1G?

hungry

Michigan? How good is Michigan? Minnesota can't possibly be that bad, can they? Still, how much of the success is because Michigan is good or their opponents have been bad? I thought SDSU was decent, but they didn't look like it against Michigan. Michigan went toe-to-toe with ND, but how good is ND?

How bad is OH*? They looked like dogshit against MSU. My Spartanfan associates of course are lamenting our reaction. Part of my reaction was, "Man! OH* looks horrible!!" Their first response to this was, "Great! Now everyone is going to say that MSU won this game, because OH* sucks not because MSU is good. MSU is grrrreeattt!!! WE made OH* look bad, because WE're awesome!!!" My response, "Well, Miami Fla and Toledo has, also, made OH* look bad. Are they awesome?" Really, though, how bad are they? I know they don't have a QB. ANother question for OH* is, "how much will the addition of the suspended cheaters improve the team of cheaters?"

MSU?

Illinois

Even ND?

Its kind of hard to tell how good these teams are. I think we can all agree that Wisconsin is for real, though.

Wisconsin is the only good B1G team. Us, Illinois, MSU and Nebraska are decent. The rest suck. The B1G is pretty sad this year, unfortunately.

And Minnesota is a bottom 5 D1 school this year.

theo said:
Wisconsin is the only good B1G team. Us, Illinois, MSU and Nebraska are decent. The rest suck. The B1G is pretty sad this year, unfortunately.

Um, it's still early but yeah, I was thinking yesterday that the B1G looks kinda like crap this year; and Michigan so far looks like a much improved team in a kinda crap conference.

But so what, what the hell right? Maybe our guys can compete for a title again in a kind of crap conference - still too early to tell.

So far this season looks like it will be the least crappy season in some time...

I'm confident about M's chances against NW; I feel that Lardhoke is gonna have the guys amped for every game...

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
theo said:

Um, it's still early but yeah, I was thinking yesterday that the B1G looks kinda like crap this year; and Michigan so far looks like a much improved team in a kinda crap conference.

But so what, what the hell right? Maybe our guys can compete for a title again in a kind of crap conference - still too early to tell.

So far this season looks like it will be the least crappy season in some time...

I'm confident about M's chances against NW; I feel that Lardhoke is gonna have the guys amped for every game...
Lardhoke? What gives?

If the play calling from yesterday is indicative of what we will see the rest of the season, we will have a chance in every game.

Jever4321 said:
If the play calling from yesterday is indicative of what we will see the rest of the season, we will have a chance in every game.
Exactly!!!....I was downright giddy with some of the playcalling.

Persa won't play, so NW should be a gimme....I say should ???
Illinois beat ASU who pounded USC who should have lost to Minnesota. So I think we're a pretty good conference. I think Wisconsin would beat Bama pretty decisively. Actually I think Wiskys defense would create many problems for them.

I'm not sure there is ANY conference that is having a stellar year at this point. There have been disappointments throughout CFB. That's not to say there aren't individual teams in each conference that are playing extremely well, just that every conference seems to be "down" this year, so that gives the B1G as good a chance as any to win eventual bowl games IMHO.

Just my thoughts.........

Wisky is a top 5 team

MSU and Nebraska could be a top 10 team if their "D" stays focused.

UM, Ill, PSU, Iowa, NWU can beat anybody on any given day and should all be top 25. Where in the top 25 depends on how they play. UM and Ill. have done well so far. I think Iowa will be in the mix before PSU and NWU.

Indiana, Minn, Purdue and OSU bring up the bottom 4. OSU could pull out an upset win or 2 but I see them finishing 6-6, even with some of their playmakers coming back.

Jever4321 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]

Lardhoke? What gives?

You did not find that hilarious?

I think UM, MSU, Wisconsin, and Nebraska are all decent.

Iowa had a bad start, but I think they will be ok. I'm still not sold on Illinois. ohio is talented enough that they could pose a problem to teams that underestimate them, but their coaching situation, and QB situation are both so screwed up, that they're like a rudderless ship at sea.

the only problem I see with the Big Ten is that none of our top teams were tested as much outside the conference as some of the SEC and ACC teams were. that could come back to bite us.

MichChamp02 said:
I think UM, MSU, Wisconsin, and Nebraska are all decent.

Iowa had a bad start, but I think they will be ok. I'm still not sold on Illinois. ohio is talented enough that they could pose a problem to teams that underestimate them, but their coaching situation, and QB situation are both so screwed up, that they're like a rudderless ship at sea.

the only problem I see with the Big Ten is that none of our top teams were tested as much outside the conference as some of the SEC and ACC teams were. that could come back to bite us.

*by "decent" I mean should be ranked anywhere from 6-25 in the Top 25.

I don't know if any Big Ten teams have demonstrated they are Top5 material yet. Wisconsin is probably the closest, but they still have yet to play a tough road game

I guess I wasn't talking about 'nationally' as much as i was talking about compared with each other.

Back