Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So?

deathroh

To those of you that went, how fucking awesome was it?? It was an ugly game to watch from home, but being there it had to be a thing of beauty! Everyone have a good time tailgating? The crowd seemed loud on tv, did it rival any other game you've attended?

I wasn't there as I don't have the money and I live 1200 miles away but I'm sure it beat the App St. game I attended. FUCK

it was crazy being there - even us old folks were singing and chanting

very few folks left

It was fucking awesome. Pulled in Pioneer High at 10:45am and chilled next to these really cool guys. Grilled up BBQ chicken tenderloin for lunch and prime steaks for dinner. Made sure to have a bottle of Don P to celebrate. Crowd was raucous early but got quiet once ND started driving. The Desmond tribute was awesome. He deserved it. Personally it was the most jammed, loudest thing I've ever heard. It had to have been hard for Rees to hear down on the field. I absolutely loved it. When they played the bass line of 'Seven Nation Army' the place was an absolute sight to be seen. Another fantastic finish to an already awesome day. Hung out for 30 minutes after the game to listen to the band then went back to the tailgate for an hour to celebrate. Ended the night with a 1:30 am trip to White Castle...then finally made it to bed at 5am...needless to say, I slept like a baby.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]I wasn't there as I don't have the money and I live 1200 miles away but I'm sure it beat the App St. game I attended. FUCK

i mean this in the nicest way possible....don't ever go to another game again. seriously.

It was my first game at the Big House, but the energy there was crazy!!! It seemed very loud to me especially in the 4th quarter.

I agree the energy was crazy even when I got there at 7. And all the chants and singing. I am watching it now on TV and it still doesnt do it justice. And after the game everyone was hugging and high 5's and taking pictures and singing. It was great. I will never forget it as long as I live.

DR said:
To those of you that went, how fucking awesome was it?? It was an ugly game to watch from home, but being there it had to be a thing of beauty! Everyone have a good time tailgating? The crowd seemed loud on tv, did it rival any other game you've attended?

Ugly game to watch? Wow. If by ugly you mean fucking incredible, then yes, I couldnt agree more, it was fucking hideous.

I got in Ann Arbor around 3pm just in time to see fucking O$U almost gag damn it.. Drank a few beers and then went down around 5:30 and walked around.. It was pretty wild around the stadium.. We heard that Kringe had walked off so we were all in a good mood.
We went in about 45 minutes early with no lines and the game flew by for me.. It was so loud but I had trouble cheering because I was freaking hyper ventilating the whole second half i was so jacked up...LOL But we all hung in there and I could not call out but i was getting text from a few guys including Monster. NEVER GIVE UP BABY!!!!!!
Anyway it was my 8th game and it was by far the loudest.. Only one damn loss (Minnesota).... I have been to 3 ND games and we have won them all.....holy crap I am still jacked up...

I had a phenomenal time. no question, best game I have been to in the BigHouse, and it more than made up for the last ND game I went to, 2005.

also, I got to meet Victor.

as it turned out, his tailgate was conveniently located directly next door to mine.

MichiganMicros313 said:
It was fucking awesome. Pulled in Pioneer High at 10:45am and chilled next to these really cool guys. Grilled up BBQ chicken tenderloin for lunch and prime steaks for dinner. Made sure to have a bottle of Don P to celebrate. Crowd was raucous early but got quiet once ND started driving. The Desmond tribute was awesome. He deserved it. Personally it was the most jammed, loudest thing I've ever heard. It had to have been hard for Rees to hear down on the field. I absolutely loved it. When they played the bass line of 'Seven Nation Army' the place was an absolute sight to be seen. Another fantastic finish to an already awesome day. Hung out for 30 minutes after the game to listen to the band then went back to the tailgate for an hour to celebrate. Ended the night with a 1:30 am trip to White Castle...then finally made it to bed at 5am...needless to say, I slept like a baby.

What he said.

We arrived at 10:45 and parked right behind the Nissan tent.

We partied all day grilling and eating and my sons had Desmond sign their Helmets and throwback shirts.

Great wild time.

doinwork83 said:
DR said:

Ugly game to watch? Wow. If by ugly you mean fucking incredible, then yes, I couldnt agree more, it was fucking hideous.

Ugly as in the defense looked overmatched the entire game, and the offense was non-existant for a great portion of it. They pieced together the win, which is great, and obviously all that matters in the end assuming they always find a way to do so, but the means were, to me, ugly.

the weird thing during this game was that I never felt we were out of it, despite the fact that we played like garbage for 2 1/2 Qs. I didn't really know what to think until the 21 point swing in the 4th where we finally took over the momentum.

Yeah, it did seem that ND was going to be just incompetent enough to keep it close...I just wasn't sure what would happen if Michigan had the opportunity to take the lead late.

It was what I have wanted every single michigan game I have ever attended to be - just plainly fucking awesome.

Everything from the night game atmosphere, to desmond's speech, to the new scoreboards, to the chanting asshole ND fans "its sucks to be a michigan wolverine!" getting theirs asses owned by roundtree, to the awesome reactions that I got from everyone for my "NUCK FOTRE DAME" shirts, to just, ahh shit just EVERYTHING! Went with my dad, little brother and father in law and it was one of the best nights/experiences of my ENTIRE life, apart from of course my wedding night and the birth of my son. So glad I was fortunate enough to get tickets and be a part of history.

The atmosphere was very similar to the 2003 O$U Vs. U of M Game (100th Meeting).

Went to Game day at 0800, some great signs ( Picture of Raging Kelly and Quotes, "U Mad Bro?"). Desmond saying that he shouldn't have just put Notre Dame last week on the possible upset and just should have said they were going to loose.

Then Tailgating until 1800, heading to Revelli Hall and watching the Step Show. for the record if you haven't seen the step show, do it. It is a great thing.

Then as I was walking into the stadium we ran into Coach Beilein, what was funny is that a lot of fans didn't recognize him.

Then the game itself was amazing. I compare it to the 2004 MSU vs U of M game w/ 3 OT's. Started slow, but just build into a deafening crescendo. Desmond Howards's award ceremony, the Halftime Show. It was like a rock concert and the superbowel all in one. I will never forget it.

MichiganMicros313 said:

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Danny Diggler":e3v0hgqw]I wasn't there as I don't have the money and I live 1200 miles away but I'm sure it beat the App St. game I attended. FUCK

i mean this in the nicest way possible....don't ever go to another game again. seriously. [/quote:e3v0hgqw]

I've seen victories over Wisky, ND, State, Vandy, and Iowa all at the Big House.. The only loss hurt more than anything though..

Back