Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So?

bigvic said:
uofm06marine said:
Vic where were you at, because I was right by you. Section 11, row 12, seat 8.

Section 11, Row 10, Seats 18-24 or thereabouts. When Roundtree scored the winning TD, my wedding ring flew off my hand in celebration and caused a bit of commotion ... The lovely older lady in front of us found it pretty quickly and there was a smattering of applause. We must have seen one another at some point.

Yeah, I think I saw that actually. I as wondering what everyone was doing there.

Assorted Thoughts:

It was louder than the uos game of 2003.
I loved being able to watch the sunset.
Loved the weather at game time after getting wet golfing in the a.m.
The pom pom visuals were as great as I have ever seen...in person or on tv
My brother and I were injured in the final celebration (friendly fire) I caught a nice elbow to the eye and my brother hit his head on the middle rail trying to retrieve his airborne phone...pretty funny.
I actually expected to see a LOT of sloppy drunk kids before kickoff. I actually only saw 5 and 2 of those were from N.D.
Lost 80% of my voice....can't remember the last time that happened.
Actually liked both team's uni's more than I thought I would.
Loved the new scoreboards despite the glitches.
Fly over was dissappointing......wanted 4 fighters or 2 Stealths
Yes, I teared up and got the chills when Desmond spoke.
The look on everyones faces after Denards fumble recovery and TD was hilarious...I'll never forget it.

Participation and Pageantry at it's finest

uofm06marine said:
bigvic said:
Section 11, Row 10, Seats 18-24 or thereabouts. When Roundtree scored the winning TD, my wedding ring flew off my hand in celebration and caused a bit of commotion ... The lovely older lady in front of us found it pretty quickly and there was a smattering of applause. We must have seen one another at some point.

Yeah, I think I saw that actually. I as wondering what everyone was doing there.

That's hilarious! Among all the tailgates in A2 MC02 is next to me and of all the 115,000 people you saw that!

damfran said:

Well what do you expect after smoking pcp earlier in the day.

bigvic said:
uofm06marine said:

That's hilarious! Among all the tailgates in A2 MC02 is next to me and of all the 115,000 people you saw that!

That seriously wasn't planned? You got locked out of the golf course and landed right next to that sob? Crazy!

damfran said:
Assorted Thoughts:

It was louder than the uos game of 2003.
I loved being able to watch the sunset.
My brother and I were injured in the final celebration (friendly fire) I caught a nice elbow to the eye and my brother hit his head on the middle rail trying to retrieve his airborne phone...pretty funny.
I actually expected to see a LOT of sloppy drunk kids before kickoff. I actually only saw 5 and 2 of those were from N.D.
Lost 80% of my voice....can't remember the last time that happened.
Actually liked both team's uni's more than I thought I would.
Loved the new scoreboards despite the glitches.
Fly over was dissappointing......wanted 4 fighters or 2 Stealths
Yes, I teared up and got the chills when Desmond spoke.
The look on everyones faces after Denards fumble recovery and TD was hilarious...I'll never forget it.

Participation and Pageantry at it's finest

Exactly, exactly my thoughts too ..insert lost ring for bonked head

bigvic said:
uofm06marine said:

Wow, small world. I actually talked to my GF about and we were trying to figure out what happened. Thought somebody got jacked up in the celebration.

When we were celebrating and everyone was falling all over and hugging everyone my sunglasses flew off my head. We had somewhat of the same search and rescue that Vic went through. An old guy in front of me had stepped on them while celebrating and he ask what I was searching for. "Oh, here they are I just stepped on them." They weren't cheap and I needed to find them.

man, was it emotionally draining. My buddy scored his company tickets so he and I went for free, but even then did it seem like a waste until the 2nd half. Oddly, I had images of a comeback the entire game. I only thought that we may actually lose after their last score. Great atmosphere, great resilience, great plays when the their back's were against the wall. My only beef is that the bars closed 2 hours later after the game and the means to celebrate were limited. :)

Back