Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford

kdp1980

What happened to him? Had that huge season, now hes gunshy and doesnt sit down on his throws? Whats it going to take to get th I s kid to relax a little bit out there? Just looks like a ball of nerves out there, much like he did last year. Am I overreacting? I like the kid, but goddamn, get the kid some ridilin or something. CJ or a close teammate need to scream at him to settle the fuck down or what??

Last edited:
Lol....youre overeacting. i did it too and ended up slapping myself. lol

Its a bit overrating it. I mean in the end, he's still the best QB we've had in my lifetime. I'm somewhat disappointed that fact he seems to check down a lot more in the past year plus..though I have no facts to back that up.

I think he has always checked down a lot since his rookie year was so turnover prone. Also I think since his injuries he often looks to get rid of it quickly so he can stay healthy. I really hope he gets it together like he does late in games because he is one of the best second half qbs in the league the past two years just doesnt preform well early in games.

We need to hire a good qb coach, I'd go with Kurt Warner if i could pick anyone but he's got a good tv gig so it would never happen.

16 points with 1 TD from the 1st team offense in a half? I'll take that production any day.

I think a lot of Staff;s problems are the WR's they are using on the first team. I think they are giving young very inexperienced guys time with the first offense that they wont get once the season starts. They seem to give Edwards all the chances in the world but when its game time he cant get open. They had Broyles out there with the 2's when he is really a 1. Staff uses him as a go to guy..

Not when our average starting field position was the Pats 15.

This. Even not watching the game this is disheartening. We need to score on these TO, and great field position. Not kick FG's.

16 points with 1 TD from the 1st team offense in a half? I'll take that production any day.

I would too if we didn't have 4 turnovers. Didn't all 4 come in the first half? You need to capitalize on that, we only did once.

Burleson isn't helping at all either....Hes never able to get seperation. Hes the new KVB, great locker room guy, isn't effective anymore.

I'd like to see more Broyles, and TE's.

didn't see the last game but Staffords box score doesn't look very impressive, not even 50% completion percentage? Is he looking this bad, WR's dropping passes? just an ave QB without Calvin? not going through all progressions? too much pressure? what's the deal? why are the numbers looking so sub par thus far?

didn't see the last game but Staffords box score doesn't look very impressive, not even 50% completion percentage? Is he looking this bad, WR's dropping passes? just an ave QB without Calvin? not going through all progressions? too much pressure? what's the deal? why are the numbers looking so sub par thus far?

there were at least three passes that were dropped. There were a couple that were really close. It's not like he's wildly inaccurate. Right now, outside of CJ, none of our WR's are really that good. I think Burleson is 6' but all the rest are even smaller, so that's also a really big problem. Pettigrew needs to step up, because he's our only other big (in terms of size) threat.

there were at least three passes that were dropped. There were a couple that were really close. It's not like he's wildly inaccurate. Right now, outside of CJ, none of our WR's are really that good. I think Burleson is 6' but all the rest are even smaller, so that's also a really big problem. Pettigrew needs to step up, because he's our only other big (in terms of size) threat.

We truly should have had atleast 30 points in the first half. Staff was a no show in the redzone....flashes of 2012.

Stafford didn't have 1 completion to a wide receiver

nor did he have a completion of more than 5 yds from the line of scrimage except schefflers which may have been 8 yds

We truly should have had atleast 30 points in the first half. Staff was a no show in the redzone....flashes of 2012.

Our running game is non existent and without calvin, there is no WR threat in the endzone. We should have scored more, but I would have been more shocked if we did. As the announcers pointed out, none of the WRs were getting separation, especially in the redzone. Willis was the only one who was even close and staff just missed him for a diving catch.

Our running game is non existent and without calvin, there is no WR threat in the endzone. We should have scored more, but I would have been more shocked if we did. As the announcers pointed out, none of the WRs were getting separation, especially in the redzone. Willis was the only one who was even close and staff just missed him for a diving catch.

Running game wasn't the problem. Stafford can't threaten the defense deep unless Cj is leaping above everyone

Great so other than CJ we don't have shit surrounding him. Not good...not good at all

Running game wasn't the problem. Stafford can't threaten the defense deep unless Cj is leaping above everyone

you need to have a good running game in the redzone. That, or WR's/Te's that can get open or win a jump ball. We had none of those things. You can't run the ball on first and goal and lose 4 yards on a run and then expect to have a good shot at getting it in. Running game outside of the redzone was okay, but once the field shortened, they struggled.

Ill have to disagree with the announcers. As you said, willis had to dive, the ball fauria caught he had to leap into the air with his arms fully extended....the dude is like 6'10'' and was wide open, patrick edwards had 2 steps on his corner route...staff didnt even give him a chance and riffled a ball 5 yards infront of him. Staff's accuracy is more of the problem imo. I dont know if its from his horrible mechanics or hes just not an accurate passer...but the end result wasnt good.

Back