Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

TBS Announcers Blow!

architect

I can't believe how biased these assholes are. They need to get off the yanks' cocks already. If I was more superstitious, I'd be pretty upset at all the times they have "jinxed" the tigers. (ie) "he's going for a no-hitter." "Grandslams have already played a big part in the series so far." (as the yanks have the bases loaded)

Go to hell TBS!

On that note, Go Tigers!

Nice play Santiago! I sure would have loved to see the replay as the ball bounced off the bag and he made it look easy. Oh thats right, only good plays by the yankees deserve replays cause who gives a shit about Detroit?

"there has not been a blown save yet in the playoffs" as Valverde faces granderson.

Thank god we are getting Fox anouncers. I was starting to get annoyed with the quote "with one swing of a bat, this can be tied/Yankees lead." Also I love how they said Valverde is a legitimate MVP candidate but did not mention Verlander.

i don't hear all the bias that everyone's talking about, but I do have to say that I hate the fact that they cut to the yankee fans in the stadium every 5 seconds. But i loved seeing their faces after the game. so sweet.

I just don't like Darling's voice. He sounds like he's eating prunes.

We get the worst announcer of all time next..........Joe Freakin Buck.

But at least Francona will be with him. It'll be interesting to hear his perspective on things.

TBS is mostly amatuers, except for Ernie Johnson who imo is pretty good, but he was away with his son who was ill and/or having surgery.
It was obvious from game 1 that the play by play guy brian anderson was a yankees shill, along with darling, smoltz did give some better insight on the Tigers which is what you expect from ex-players.
The thing is that these guys are basically rentals, they do this for a week and then go off to what they do regularly.

As for fox, joe buck looks like he is in pain or has 3 gerbils running around up his arse. and mccarver will just keep his mouth shut when the Tigers do something good, and will say more about the other team. He might not be in the booth the first 2 games something about a heart problem.
But they suck and always have sucked big time as announcers.

i didn't have a problem with the announcers, but honestly, Playoff baseball does NOT belong on TBS. The commercials were awful and smelled like desperation for ratings. The games should all be on ESPN or Fox. I wouldn't even mind if NBC got some.

Hopefully the bias was towards those asshole yankees opposed to against the Tigers. Just happy that A-Rod struck out to end NY's playoff run in two consecutive years. hahahaha

Meh... give me Gary Thorne... SOMEONE who has energy instead of:

*sigh* "And... the Detroit Tigers.. win it.

If I could sync Tigers radio with the television broadcast I would. Unfortunately this would only work if the radio broadcast was behind the TV broadcast (thanks to DVR).

Romneybot said:
If I could sync Tigers radio with the television broadcast I would. Unfortunately this would only work if the radio broadcast was behind the TV broadcast (thanks to DVR).
The MLB At Bat app was a free download the last week of the season on the Amazon Android market. I'm not sure they intended to leave the audio streaming available for the playoffs, but they did! Streaming is always on a delay, so I was able to pause my DVR to get synced up, and hook my phone up to the surround sound and get the Detroit feed. It sure is nice hearing the home town perspective, versus the "you probably haven't followed baseball all year, so we'll explain everything to you, every at bat, for five games" audio that you get with national announcers. ::)

Glad I wasn't the only one whose blood was boiling throughout this series. These guys were a joke, I bet they stood in line outside of the Yankees locker room after each game in hopes that maybe they'll have the honor of giving one of the players a reach around.

It seemed like Darling was supposed to be the Yankee fan and Smoltz was supposed to root for the Tigers. Up until that series, I always thought Darling was decent.

I thought the real tragedy was the play by play guy, Anderson. He was moronic to the point of childlike and an obvious Yankee fanboy.

Somehow I think they got a bonus or something if the Yanks won. That's my only reason for why they were so pro Yankees. It wasn't even close to being being partial.

Back