Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commits Attending
Fenton (Mich.) preferred walkon punter Kenny Allen
Cincinnati (Ohio) Colerain linebacker Joe Bolden
Farmington Hills (Mich.) Harrison tight end Devin Funchess
Sylvania (Ohio) Southview safety Allen Gant
Ann Arbor (Mich.) Pioneer running back Drake Johnson
Farmington Hills (Mich.) Harrison defensive end Mario Ojemudia
Clayton (Ohio) Northmont linebacker Kaleb Ringer
Cincinnati (Ohio) Oak Hills offensive lineman Caleb Stacey
Crete (Ill.) Monee cornerback Anthony Standifer
Cincinnati (Ohio) Sycamore tight end A.J. Williams
Akron (Ohio) Buchtel safety Jarrod Wilson
2013 Warren (Mich.) De La Salle quarterback Shane Morris
2013 Alliance (Ohio) Marlington defensive back Dymonte Thomas

Prospects Attending
Canton (Ohio) GlenOak running back Bri'onte Dunn
Birmingham (Mich.) Seaholm offensive lineman Dan Gibbs
Muskegon (Mich.) running back Juwan Lewis
2013 Wheaton (Ill.) St. Francis offensive lineman Kyle Bosch
2013 Fenton (Mich.) offensive lineman Nick Chappell
2013 Chelsea (Mich.) running back Berkley Edwards
2013 Naperville (Ill.) North offensive lineman Colin Goebel
2013 Grand Blanc (Mich.) defensive end Luke MacLean
2013 Campbell (Ohio) Memorial defensive tackle Shaquon McWilson
2013 Cadillac (Mich.) offensive lineman Riley Norman
2013 Warren (Ohio) Harding athlete Jalyn Powell
2013 Beverly Hills (Mich.) Detroit Country Day offensive/defensive lineman Poet Thomas
2013 Toledo (Ohio) Central Catholic defensive back Jayme Thompson
2013 Crete (Ill.) Monee wide receiver Laquon Treadwell
2013 Peoria (Ill.) Manual offensive lineman Logan Tuley-Tillman

From @TomVanHaaren

Shane Morris, Dymonte Thomas, and Bri'onte Dunn took a picture together at the 50 yard line after the game. I should let you know that according to his father the Dunn's will be back at Michigan next week.

Pharoah Brown may get his scholarship revoked because he visited Oregon. I can't read the Scout article but i take it it isn't good news

Maize&blue21 said:
Pharoah Brown may get his scholarship revoked because he visited Oregon. I can't read the Scout article but i take it it isn't good news

I heard he was visiting and Hoke told Richardson the same thing.. Not a shocker..

I just see this blurb from the mod...

"1. ... we're hearing that ... U-M no longer looks at Mr. Brown as a commit
2. ... we're hearing that ... this visit was a surprise to certain good guys

so ... ... what in the world was the kid thinking ...
yes, Oregon had been his #2 school and he got an offer from there and all ...
but ... there are definitely ramifications."

Couple clarifications from Scout...

1. Any statement that U-M has parted ways with Pharaoh Brown is incorrect.

U-M is still recruiting him ... they're just not looking at him as a commit.

His schollie is 'back on the market' ... maybe he and U-M'll make a new commit-agreement, maybe they won't ... like with any other recruit.

For now we'll change him to "high interest" in U-M.

But has U-M dropped him as a recruit - no (and, as with anything else with recruiting, this can always change going forward)

++++++++++

2. As far as Brionte Dunn goes.

Both sides, U-M and OSU, are still getting favorable words from him ... so we'll see where it goes ...

Coming back to visit this weekend again, with his cousin Dymonte and with Kyle Kalis there as well, is a plus.

But he is still telling OSU that he's committed.

BTW, his December graduation is being worked on, it's not set yet ... any statement that this is "set" is incorrect.

Thanks for the info. I'm sticking by what i said about Bri'onte a few months ago and that is he will be in this class. As for Pharaoh i think the coaches should revoke his scholarship, some guy made the comparison as being engaged and going on a date with another girl, which works perfect. I understand you have the right to take visits but you are committed to the Michigan Wolverines and if you wanted to take visits you shouldn't have committed so early. It isn't a great thing to do but make an example out of him.

Man, putting Dunn alongside Toussaint would look really nice. Well, assuming he could pull of a miracle and pass Rawls on the depth chart.

I hope the Brown thing works out. An athletic pass catching tight end would be nice.

DR said:
Man, putting Dunn alongside Toussaint would look really nice. Well, assuming he could pull of a miracle and pass Rawls on the depth chart.

I hope the Brown thing works out. An athletic pass catching tight end would be nice.
i hope the brown thing works out as well but we should have gotten Ron Thompson when we could have. I understand there were issues academically but he would have been a great addition.

From Ohio Scout analyst Bill Greene.....

BRIONTE DONE? It's certainly not trending toward Ohio State and a visit this week to Michigan for The Game is a sure sign of that. I still think he is undecided, but Ohio State is certainly not in a command position for Brionte Dunn. Losing another five-star to Michigan would be a kick in the pants, the front side, and it could be coming in the next few days. Now that he has decided to enroll early, it seems he has his destination picked and it doesn't sound like Columbus, but there is still time for Ohio State to react. I do not think hiring Urban Meyer will be any help at all in this case, and the Buckeye hope would be that Dunn is still available at that point. He was asked Sunday about changing his status to "uncommitted", but he insisted he was still committed to Ohio State. Let's see where things stand one week from today.

DR said:
From Ohio Scout analyst Bill Greene.....

BRIONTE DONE? It's certainly not trending toward Ohio State and a visit this week to Michigan for The Game is a sure sign of that. I still think he is undecided, but Ohio State is certainly not in a command position for Brionte Dunn. Losing another five-star to Michigan would be a kick in the pants, the front side, and it could be coming in the next few days. Now that he has decided to enroll early, it seems he has his destination picked and it doesn't sound like Columbus, but there is still time for Ohio State to react. I do not think hiring Urban Meyer will be any help at all in this case, and the Buckeye hope would be that Dunn is still available at that point. He was asked Sunday about changing his status to "uncommitted", but he insisted he was still committed to Ohio State. Let's see where things stand one week from today.
That would be awesome if he committed this week. Wouldn't really be surprised though, wants to enroll early now, visiting for the second week in a row, visiting again with Kalis after the season. Put the pieces together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back