Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wlvrnstlr4life said:
These kids need to stop with these stupid fucking tweets. They all sound ignorant and they obviously say shit they regret later on. If I was a coach at any school(high or college), Twitter would be disallowed.

A high school coach doesn't have that power.

mjsb2 said:
wlvrnstlr4life said:
These kids need to stop with these stupid fucking tweets. They all sound ignorant and they obviously say shit they regret later on. If I was a coach at any school(high or college), Twitter would be disallowed.

Um, yes they do. You ever hear of being benched? And you don't have to give a reason for it. A coach of mine did it to me once. I found out why and never did what I did again.

wlvrnstlr4life said:
mjsb2 said:

Um, yes they do. You ever hear of being benched? And you don't have to give a reason for it. A coach of mine did it to me once. I found out why and never did what I did again.

And any coach who benches a player being recruited by colleges for such a reason will immediately be fired.

And he will have to give a reason for it to the AD.

Per Rivals - Dunn does NOT want to play in a spread offense. Also, saw a tweet from Garnett saying he's back in Washington and is already missing hanging with Magnuson. Man I'm excited as to how this class could finish.

Here you Monster....

Iowa WR Amara Darboh. After his U-M official this past weekend with his guardian en-tow, he's not visited U-M, ND (top two?), Iowa, Wisconsin ... he'll visit Florida in December and make a decision by Christmas.

WA OL Joshua Garnett: He's made unofficial visits to U-Dubb (many) and to Stanford a coupla weeks ago. Officials: U-M this past weekend, ND in December, Miami in January ... plus Stanford, Cal, USC and U-Dubb are in it as well (and he'll make officials to 2 of them). The in-homes begin now as well, with Stanford, ND and U-M rolling through probably this week. He's a UAAA, but is not liable to announce at that game - his announcement will be at S-Day or maybe the week before. We'll reach him soon again, but Scout com just talked to him last week (http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1132027.html). He and CA commit Eric Magnuson (and CA TE Tyler McNamara are on contact: (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=162&f=1088& t=8339638)

IL OL Jordan Diamond. After a great unofficial visit this past weekend, Diamond has put U-M firmly into his Top 5 for an official visit ... U-M is the first team to make it. Wisconsin, Iowa, ND, Arkansas (teammate Stephen Gregory committed there) have been strong for him and have received unofficial visits, ol Miss as well. Sam talked to him postgame: (http://michigan.scout.com/2/1132978.html)

OH RB Brionte Dunn. After unofficials for the NEB and OSU games the past 2 weekends, he'll take an official visit in the next few weeks ... look for Kalis to pick the same weekend .. then has to decide what to do by Christmas in order to enroll in January. Dre talked to him: Dre talked to him postgame: (http://michigan.scout.com/2/1132946.html)

MO WR Jehu Chesson. The U-M official visit this past OSU game weekend was his second, he'd visited Northwestern on Oct 21. Iowa will likely get an official visit ... and he's talked about Missouri, Indiana, Oklahoma State, Florida, UCLA as well. He's made unofficial visits to all of these schools except Florida and UCLA. He'd like to have a decision done by Christmas.

I'm getting a bad feeling about Meyer and Dunn. Meyer is known for lying his ass off in recruiting and is just going to tell Bri'onte what he wants to hear so he doesn't go to Michigan

Maize&blue21 said:
I'm getting a bad feeling about Meyer and Dunn. Meyer is known for lying his ass off in recruiting and is just going to tell Bri'onte what he wants to hear so he doesn't go to Michigan

A coach lying to a recruit?

I was really hoping we could have gotten one or more of these kids to get caught up in the moment after the OSU win and sign their LOI right there on the spot before they left campus and that warm fuzzy feeling faded. Like the pic of Garnett and Magnuson hanging with Jake Long.

Garnett: "Man, this is the best experience of my life, If I had a LOI, Id sign it right now!"
Long: "Funny you mention that, Ive got one right here in my back pocket, Hoke sent it with me just incase. Just Sign here and here and date here and youre all set"

wlvrnstlr4life said:

C'mon, dont be the get off my lawn guy. Its just not realistic to tell kids they cant post on facebook/twitter and expect them to listen. Theyre teenagers. Plus what they tweeted wasnt even that bad. Im sure you did stuff that annoyed adults when you were their age. We all did/do.

doinwork83 said:
I was really hoping we could have gotten one or more of these kids to get caught up in the moment after the OSU win and sign their LOI right there on the spot before they left campus and that warm fuzzy feeling faded. Like the pic of Garnett and Magnuson hanging with Jake Long.

Garnett: "Man, this is the best experience of my life, If I had a LOI, Id sign it right now!"
Long: "Funny you mention that, Ive got one right here in my back pocket, Hoke sent it with me just incase. Just Sign here and here and date here and youre all set"
they can't sign their LOIs until february.

It's not about lying or not lying, all Urb has to do is convince Dunn that Ohio* is the greatest team ever, that playing for him will be playing for the best coach ever and that he has always adapted to his talent ..coached Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow ... Alex Smith, blah-blah-blah

It's SALES

Why is a 5-star RB ever a bad thing no matter what scheme you run?! Dunn and family will have to do what they think is best but surely Meyer will give it the old college try (and be wearing gigantic rings from his FLORIDA Titles).

He was handed so much talent when he started at each program and when he loses his assistants his teams struggle like last year at florida.

Hadn't seen it posted anywhere on here and I might have missed it but Kyle Kalis was given a 5th star today by Rivals. Everything I'm reading about this kid is saying he can come in and make an impact immediately so I'm pretty amped about him. Sorry if this is a repeat of a previous post.

As far as Dunn goes, if he decides to go to Ohio then we will probably never hear his name again. Name me a big bruising RB that has played and succeeded in a spread offense, specifically under Meyer (actually name me one running back that has played for Meyer, Harvin and Tebow are as close as it gets). He will be going after speed guys that fit his system and unless Dunn wants to retire from football after his college days and be a glorified lineman the whole time he should come here. I really feel for the kid because you can tell every part of him wants to go to Ohio so badly but his brain knows it makes absolutely no sense, especially now. If we don't get him, then oh well, there will be somebody else to fill in that void and with the lineman we are bringing in it shouldn't be too hard to put up some gaudy numbers.

There is a time in the recruiting process for each kid they need to realize you are no longer a fan you are a recruit and you need to do what is best for your future

doinwork83 said:
wlvrnstlr4life said:

C'mon, dont be the get off my lawn guy. Its just not realistic to tell kids they cant post on facebook/twitter and expect them to listen. Theyre teenagers. Plus what they tweeted wasnt even that bad. Im sure you did stuff that annoyed adults when you were their age. We all did/do.

If you read the Billy Price tweets during his visit, you would change your mind. Some messages were deleted and he was apologizing all over the place. You are guaranteed to say something stupid having one of these accounts. Take the account away and no one will ever hear your stupidity. Just ask Tate Forcier. He just loved to talk about himself.

Well, i just read on mgoblog that espnsider is reporting that MIchigan is in the final 2 for Garnett

Hungry said:
Well, i just read on mgoblog that espnsider is reporting that MIchigan is in the final 2 for Garnett

The power of the Big House.. Thank god for renovations and the new facilities. I guess selling the Michigan name doesn't hurt either especially with the season we've had.. If you can get em' on campus anything can happen.

Hungry said:

Just seen that as well. Great news. Down to us and Stanford. Considering our competition, I like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back