Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch McGary seems to like Michigan, but might choose Duke...stay tuned.

Hungry said:
Mitch McGary seems to like Michigan, but might choose Duke...stay tuned.

Can you imagine if we get this kid? Potentially we could have hardaway jr, Glenn Robinson III, and McGary. Not sure how long hardaway will stick around, but it's a possibility.

Per Rivals ( Read into it what you may)

Five-star big man Mitch McGary's latest blog entry on ESPN.com is a doozy, but it doesn't add much insight on one major question: where's he going to end up?

"This decision will be really hard to say the least," he said.

He talked mostly about Duke, Michigan and North Carolina and said he won't be visiting Kentucky for the school's Midnight Madness later this month.

"Michigan, I look at who they've got coming in and I know they're in a rebuilding situation, but I know that's a situation where I could really come in and make a strong footprint," he said. "I feel like I could really help them and have a strong season there as a freshman. I like the Big Ten because it's known for having blue-collar type players, but the pace tends to be a little slower. I love to go to work in the paint, but I like to get out and run more, so with Michigan that's something that I'll have to really look at."

He later noted, "Carolina likes for their big men to get out in transition and run the floor, which is what I want to do."

McGary told us late last week he plans to decide at the end of October.

I still think that Hardaway stays one more season. The only reason for me saying that is because of the massive amount of talent that stayed in college due to the nba lock-out. All of them will be leaving after this coming season. Funny that the same thing that led to us losing Morris early, might lead to us keeping Hardaway jr for another year

Re: Brionte Dunn and his Dad being upset after MSU/Ohio* game is true per TomVH .....

In fact, he's the one who broke the story on Dunn and Dad and the reaction. There is discussion of said "news" on MGoBrian's forum.

Jordan Payton's facebook now says University of Michigan under education... Welcome aboard?

I wondered what 'insider' info there was after TomVH's tweet ......nice

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Jordan Payton's facebook now says University of Michigan under education... Welcome aboard?

This can't be true. According to umpoweri no talented WR in his right mind would choose UM.

Well what happened? Just two days ago, it was "any day now". Did someone on here dis his mother? C'mon people.

KAWDUP said:
Well what happened? Just two days ago, it was "any day now". Did someone on here dis his mother? C'mon people.
this is the kind of things that happen in recruiting

Yeah I know, I was just venting a bit. Hungry has it right. When they actually enroll, then you can start talking about what ya got. :*)

See the bball thread for more detail, but it sounds like his family convinced him to keep things open. Carolina is popping up prominently now.

DR said:
See the bball thread for more detail, but it sounds like his family convinced him to keep things open. Carolina is popping up prominently now.
yeah the news is that he wants to go to michigan but his parents want him to go to duke or unc. i understand listening to your family but this is his decision not theirs

Maize&blue21 said:
DR said:
yeah the news is that he wants to go to michigan but his parents want him to go to duke or unc. i understand listening to your family but this is his decision not theirs

Hopefully delaying the decision and fully listening to everyone's pitch is his way of appeasing his family, but in the end it'll be his decision.

Hardaway possibly stays another season but after that he's gone.. Draft sites have him a top 10 pick for 2013...

You can't overlook the weight of family pressure in this decision. I would Expect my kids to strongly consider my input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back