Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maize&blue21 said:
brionte dunn is getting an in-home visit from the coaches tonight and tomvh will have an update later, ill keep you guys updated

hey buddy any update on this?

bavarianinnman said:
Maize&blue21 said:
brionte dunn is getting an in-home visit from the coaches tonight and tomvh will have an update later, ill keep you guys updated

hey buddy any update on this?

There was a rumor that he would be visiting for the Purdue game, but the Scout mods have shot that down. FWIW

I dont know, to me it doesnt sound good that all these visits he is supposedly be maken then the next day or 2 they get canceled it sounds like hes just messen with michigan

Scout is saying there never was a visit confirmed, that people were just running with assumptions. Who knows. It'll get sorted out eventually. The coaches did visit his school on Monday.

DR said:
Scout is saying there never was a visit confirmed, that people were just running with assumptions. Who knows. It'll get sorted out eventually. The coaches did visit his school on Monday.
this he was thinking about it and people took that as him visiting. still could but most likely will take a visit for ohio state. keith marshall may visit soon the coaches payed an in-home visit to him or are going to. Gunner Kiel re-opened his recruitment and his top 5 is Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, bama, and LSU. He wants to stay close to home so it will most likely come down to Michigan and Notre Dame, I think he chooses michigan in the end because Borges hasn't let off on him, we are close by, he could get significant playing time, QB U, and Notre Dame runs a spread offense.

Maize&blue21 said:
DR said:
this he was thinking about it and people took that as him visiting. still could but most likely will take a visit for ohio state. keith marshall may visit soon the coaches payed an in-home visit to him or are going to. Gunner Kiel re-opened his recruitment and his top 5 is Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, bama, and LSU. He wants to stay close to home so it will most likely come down to Michigan and Notre Dame, I think he chooses michigan in the end because Borges hasn't let off on him, we are close by, he could get significant playing time, QB U, and Notre Dame runs a spread offense.

Wouldn't his chances of playing time be lower here than just about anywhere else, with a top rated QB two years ahead of him, and one just behind him?

DR said:
Maize&blue21 said:
bama has a QB in their class already with a highly regarded freshman on their roster, LSU is on a similar situation, UT could use him, and Notre Dame is looking for Devin Gardner's not Gunner Kiel's. I have a feeling that DG may not get his red-shirt but i could very well be wrong so if he is a sophomore right now Gunner will only wait 2 years then Shane Morris will come in and provide great competition and have 2 years of playing time if he doesnt beat out gunner.

Wouldn't his chances of playing time be lower here than just about anywhere else, with a top rated QB two years ahead of him, and one just behind him?

IMO there is slim to no chance of Kiel choosing UM...thats based on everything he has done and said since day 1..there are a few under the radar kids who are possible to surprise and get in the mix..a couple LBs..dont forget that nothing is signed yet and im sure they are "in case" guys but Jamal Lyels current State committ has had contact with coaches and Moana Ofahengaue has as well ... both may visit ... and the usual suspects Yuri Wright,Banner,Payton,Darboh are all the names to finish the class..excited to see what happens

michiganman24 said:
IMO there is slim to no chance of Kiel choosing UM...thats based on everything he has done and said since day 1..there are a few under the radar kids who are possible to surprise and get in the mix..a couple LBs..dont forget that nothing is signed yet and im sure they are "in case" guys but Jamal Lyels current State committ has had contact with coaches and Moana Ofahengaue has as well ... both may visit ... and the usual suspects Yuri Wright,Banner,Payton,Darboh are all the names to finish the class..excited to see what happens
gunner hasn't said anything so i don't know what you're talking about. as for LBs the only reason we are looking is because kaleb ringer most likely will get his scholarship revoked for being kicked off his team for disciplinary issues.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Morris > Kiel
yes and that was said to be true when they went head to head but kiel is more polished and gives us depth for next year

Gunner and his family have said plenty and it usually involves Notre Dame where his uncle played...your entitled to your opinion Buddy..but i think your "Kiel will choose UM" is baseless ... and the Ringer rumors are exactly that rumors ... thats why i said the LB interests are "in case"

michiganman24 said:
Gunner and his family have said plenty and it usually involves Notre Dame where his uncle played...your entitled to your opinion Buddy..but i think your "Kiel will choose UM" is baseless ... and the Ringer rumors are exactly that rumors ... thats why i said the LB interests are "in case"
ask any recruiting expert and they will tell you the kiel's are very close to their vest about recruiting and they haven't said jack shit about notre dame and when asked about his uncle he says he isn't that close to him and that it won't effect his recruitment. if kiel went to notre dame he would be dayne crist 2.0

Close to the vest yes..but they have mentioned Notre Dame all along..and have said nothing to put UM ahead of the others..they talk ND everytime they talk..which indicates they are at the top..im just saying your Kiel will be at UM are baseless...and Ringer is not off his HS team

michiganman24 said:
Close to the vest yes..but they have mentioned Notre Dame all along..and have said nothing to put UM ahead of the others..they talk ND everytime they talk..which indicates they are at the top..im just saying your Kiel will be at UM are baseless...and Ringer is not off his HS team
you're pulling this out of your ass. he hasn't said anything about notre dame, he hasn't said anything about anyone in particular outside of saying his top 5. the only schools he mentioned in the past were oklahoma, bama, and indiana. no mention of Notre Dame. you can stop anytime because you don't know shit about recruiting

Buddy you pull shit out your ass all week..you read sites and take it as gold..i cant count how many times you have been wrong..and where does your Kiel will end up at UM nonsense come from then ? if he hasnt said anything ... and you jump to conclusions and spread false info all the time ..."Kaleb Riger is off his HS team" that is false ...so stop thinking YOU do know something

Ace from MGB talked to Kaleb..

Just messaged Kaleb, and he had this to say (goes right in line with what he told Sam Webb): "Yeah, I've been hurt since week 6...I strained my MCL. Because I am leaving midway this school year, my coach, my family, and the team doctor decided to hold me out for the rest of the season. Mainly because were (3-6) at the moment so we wouldn't be competing for any league championships or playoffs. And I don't want to further my injuries on some bullcrap. I'm just rehabbing it and getting ready to leave in December."

michiganman24 said:
Buddy you pull shit out your ass all week..you read sites and take it as gold..i cant count how many times you have been wrong..and where does your Kiel will end up at UM nonsense come from then ? if he hasnt said anything ... and you jump to conclusions and spread false info all the time ..."Kaleb Riger is off his HS team" that is false ...so stop thinking YOU do know something

The recruiting thread is always heated... Let buddy boy play TomVH if he wants. This thread would suck without him...

michiganman24 said:
dude i'm not the one creating the info im just the one bringing it all in from other sites. what have i been wrong on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back