Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Two more days until Payton picks Michigan.
i don't know if he will make his decision by then, was tweeting a ton about notre dame and has been pretty indecisive about his decision timeline.

Jeremy Clark, the greyshirt commit for 2013, is now going to be a part of the 2012 class. Speculation says that it is because of rumor about greg brown leaving

I saw that too... I can't imagine he goes to ND after seeing them get beat twice on the national stage in two visits... If he really enjoyed it that much it could slow down his decision but I have a feeling he will still be blue..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]I saw that too... I can't imagine he goes to ND after seeing them get beat twice on the national stage in two visits... If he really enjoyed it that much it could slow down his decision but I have a feeling he will still be blue..
rivals is saying that he could commit to notre dame before his visit is over, i dont think he will but anything with this kid wouldny surprise me.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":fpp8xt97]I saw that too... I can't imagine he goes to ND after seeing them get beat twice on the national stage in two visits... If he really enjoyed it that much it could slow down his decision but I have a feeling he will still be blue..
rivals is saying that he could commit to notre dame before his visit is over, i dont think he will but anything with this kid wouldny surprise me.[/quote:fpp8xt97]

A lot of hs kids like to add dramatics before they commit. We'll see.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":zqn7lwqg] rivals is saying that he could commit to notre dame before his visit is over, i dont think he will but anything with this kid wouldny surprise me.

A lot of hs kids like to add dramatics before they commit. We'll see.[/quote:zqn7lwqg]

What would our life be without drama?

DeLaSalle comes back in the fourth By Vince Bond/ Special to The News

Quarterback Shane Morris led a three-touchdown rally in the fourth quarter Friday as Warren
DeLaSalle upset host Plymouth, 28-25, handing it its first loss of the season.
Morris, who was 23-for-47 for 364 yards and three clutch touchdowns, hit Gio Rescigno for a 17-yard score with 28 seconds left for the winning points for DeLaSalle (7-2).
Plymouth (8-1) then drove to DeLaSalle's 35-yard line, but the DeLaSalle defense stiffened and forced a turnover on downs.
DeLaSalle assistant coach Rick Corona said his team executed "with all the chips on the line" while displaying mental toughness to fight back from 19-7 deficit entering the final period.
He attributed DeLaSalle's fourth-quarter outburst to receivers "simply hanging on to the ball."
Morris also kept the chains moving with his legs when he had to, Corona said.
"He had 10 rushes for 50 yards, but they were at critical times," he said.
Mike Abiragi

From an interview on Scout, Payton loved his ND visit...."Notre Dame is tied up there with Michigan," said Payton. "Now I have to narrow it down to one."

Regarding whether or not he'd announce tomorrow....."I've been thinking about it, and if God tells me something, I may do it tomorrow, but most likely not tomorrow, but probably in the next two weeks,"

Payton tweeted late last night that he won't be deciding today. Could be a good thing, so he can let the ND visit settle.

Oaks Christian is SoCal ND Wannabe and clearly guys like Clausen give them the connection -- and the school has fed USC over the years. But if Jordan is going to wait for God to tell him to go to ND or not, what can we mortal fans do..??

DR said:
According to Scout, Michigan is NOT pursuing Kiel.
that's pretty stupid if you ask me, why wouldnt we pursue the top QB? he's heading to notre dame then

Because we have one?? By all account Morris is just as good as Kiel, only without the melodramatic recruiting story.

TheVictors03 said:
Because we have one?? By all account Morris is just as good as Kiel, only without the melodramatic recruiting story.
melodramatic? he didn't say anything about his recruitment, commits to indiana, doesn't say anything about it, decommits, still doesnt say anything, and you call that melodramatic? not understanding what is dramatic about that. shane morris committed early

Maize&blue21 said:
DR said:
that's pretty stupid if you ask me, why wouldnt we pursue the top QB? he's heading to notre dame then

As I alluded to before, I personally believe it's probably a mutual thing, since he'd be surrounded by 4/5 star talent.

Maize&blue21 said:
DR said:

They are looking for another QB in Morris' class. Besides Kiel nobody playing QB deserves a scholly in the 2012 class. Not surprised we aren't going after him. We have 2 solid QBs and Devin will be here with two years left when Morris arrives.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":jgxq746y] that's pretty stupid if you ask me, why wouldnt we pursue the top QB? he's heading to notre dame then

They are looking for another QB in Morris' class. Besides Kiel nobody playing QB deserves a scholly in the 2012 class. Not surprised we aren't going after him. We have 2 solid QBs and Devin will be here with two years left when Morris arrives. [/quote:jgxq746y] true i believe they are looking into brogan roback who is a life long michigan fan and could give shane morris a run for his money in practice

Huuuuuuuuge news...

5-star Army All-American Safety Shaq Thompson 6'2 210 lbs. will take an official visit to Michigan for the OSU game.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Huuuuuuuuge news...

5-star Army All-American Safety Shaq Thompson 6'2 210 lbs. will take an official visit to Michigan for the OSU game.

There's an article from yesterday on Scout with some quotes from his coach, saying the visit is tentative and he hasn't fully decided yet.

Man, what a safety pair that would be, to go along with Wilson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back