Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only offensive top talent Michigan has had in about ten years is Kevin Grady, Ryan Mallet and Chad Henne... DUH!

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]The only offensive top talent Michigan has had in about ten years is Kevin Grady, Ryan Mallet and Chad Henne... DUH!

Well why would any top receivers want to come here and have their career ruined by the likes of Chad Henne??

Braylon, Breaston, Avant and Manningham weren't top 50 players ranked by a desk jockey... They were crap. Braylon wasn't even top 250.. Worst receiver ever.

File this one under: Anything can happen once you get them on Campus. Although hes a longshot, but....

5 star S out of Cali Shaq Thompson will be taking an official visit to AA. He'll be here for either the Neb or Ohio game.

stole this from MGo, but could you imagine this bonerific scenerio

Imagine seeing a UM practice with Devin and Shane throwing to receivers like Payton, Diggs, Darboh, Funchess, and Treadwell against Yuri Wright, Shaq Thompson, Terry, Standifer, Clark, Dymonte, Wilson, and Gant. While in the trenches Magnuson, Braden, Kalis, Stacey, Bars, and maybe Garnett versus Wormley, Godin, Pipkins, Strobel while the Michigan drill consists of Brionte and Rawls going against Royce, Bolden, Ross, Jake Ryan, Morgan, Mario ....

Would Shane Morris or Devin Gardner be considered top talent?

doinwork83 said:
File this one under: Anything can happen once you get them on Campus. Although hes a longshot, but....

5 star S out of Cali Shaq Thompson will be taking an official visit to AA. He'll be here for either the Neb or Ohio game.

WHAT? his school isn't far from here. local sports people talk about the guy all the time. i thought he had committed to a team already?

Maize&blue21 said:
WOTS is that the staff is starting to recruit 5* 2012 WR Stefon Diggs out of Good counsil Maryland

Word on Twitter Says ....?

Diggs grades up, tweeting with Countess...?

TheVictors03 said:
Maize&blue21 said:
WOTS is that the staff is starting to recruit 5* 2012 WR Stefon Diggs out of Good counsil Maryland

it stand for "word on the street" the coaches visited him this last week and we instantly moved into his top 5

DR said:
FWIW the guys on Scout dispute that a visit has been set.

Heres the post from the guy who runs the website, Brian last night at 10:48. not to sound like a douche, just didnt want you to think it was some random kid posting.

I just chatted with five-star CA S Shaq Thompson on Twitter, and he confirmed to me that he'll be taking an official visit to Michigan. Thompson is the top safety in the country and the #12 player overall on Rivals, so this is obviously huge news. Still waiting to hear back from him about which weekend he's visiting (it's either Nebraska or OSU, obviously, and I'm guessing it's the latter), and I'll let you know when I find that out.

doinwork83 said:
DR said:
FWIW the guys on Scout dispute that a visit has been set.

Heres the post from the guy who runs the website, Brian last night at 10:48. not to sound like a douche, just didnt want you to think it was some random kid posting.

I just chatted with five-star CA S Shaq Thompson on Twitter, and he confirmed to me that he'll be taking an official visit to Michigan. Thompson is the top safety in the country and the #12 player overall on Rivals, so this is obviously huge news. Still waiting to hear back from him about which weekend he's visiting (it's either Nebraska or OSU, obviously, and I'm guessing it's the latter), and I'll let you know when I find that out.

Awesome! Yeah, I'm not trying to get into a pissing match about whose info is right either. I just have a Scout account so I pass along what they say...I have no allegiance to the fuckers though, and know that they're all trying to break news, so there's going to be a lot of bs.

amen to that. I know you know your shit, and I just copy and paste from websites. I have no problem admitting that lol...But im sure this is one instance where you wouldnt mind getting incorrect info....

Nothing wrong with copying and pasting. at all

Maize&blue21 said:
TheVictors03 said:

it stand for "word on the street" the coaches visited him this last week and we instantly moved into his top 5

I know what 'WOTS' stands for and was just making a joke. But that's the "word" on the street .... his grades were questionable but they've come up recently and he and Countess were going back and forth about playing together again ... wearing the #1 and #2 jerseys, etc.

Both always wanted to play at Michigan, now Diggs seems more likely to make it.

..that about right??

So today is the day for Mitch McGary to make his decision. Would be nice to add him to Glenn Robinson III and Nick Stauskas.

Rumors going around that he going to pick Floirda. He made michigan sound like his last choice in that espn article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back